Re-boarding the ship after a Carnival excursion

Caps_Shield

While I am grateful for all these responses, I think most of you missed my second post that the person in question is 15 (daughter). My fault for not including it in the first post. I have an ID, as does my wife. I was just wondering about the daughter. I have a 12 year old too that I'm not as concerned with, ID wise.
OP, people are going to keep giving you the same answer over & over, an answer you don't even need, because many don't read the whole thread. Your (under 16) kids don't need photo ID's or their birth certificates to get back on board. You're vouching for them. Just their S&S cards. Enjoy your cruise!

In Nassau last Nov, I didn't have my photo ID to get into the dock area. They asked and I said I forgot it. They directed me to the security building and they checked with the ship. There had to be 20 people there waiting to be checked. It took 2-3 minutes to verify and they allow you through their security gate.:D

What forms of ID do you need to have when you re-board the ship after a Carnival excursion? My wife thinks you just need your sign and sail card and I think you need more than that. Who is right or does it depend on where the port is?

In Jamaica they only made us use the Sign and Sail card, but I would make sure you have ID just in case.