Seaside questions...

MANDMTRAVEL

Hi, I have read many reviews on the Seaside. However, I still have some questions for a first timer.

1- Bracelets/Bands, how much are these? Where can I get them?

2- I have the Fantastica experience and wondering if Ice Cream from the Ice Cream/coffee shop is included on the kids vouchers?

3-The MSC app. Do I need to buy an internet package to be able to communicate via text with other friend onboard the Seaside?

4- I saw a photo package online for $99.00. Does this include all the pictures we take during the week?

5- How can I reserve for the bowling?

6- Do I have to be on board to buy the zipline package?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

1 - I can't remember.

2 - Yes. They are included.

3 - The MSC app does not have a chat feature.

4 - It includes the pictures taken of you by the ship photographers

5 - I don't recall there being a need to reserve lanes. However I am sure you can just go to the desk when the lanes are open and talk to the attendant

6 - I believe so. It wasn't available for prepurchase when we cruised.

1 - I can't remember.

2 - Yes. They are included.

3 - The MSC app does not have a chat feature.

4 - It includes the pictures taken of you by the ship photographers

5 - I don't recall there being a need to reserve lanes. However I am sure you can just go to the desk when the lanes are open and talk to the attendant

6 - I believe so. It wasn't available for prepurchase when we cruised.

Thanks for the quick response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be our first cruise and I have a quick question about the seaside. We did not get a drink package & are fine with tap water, tea & coffee as we will just purchase other drinks as we go. The question we don't want to have to buy there expensive bottled water so can you take a water bottle to fill up at the buffet to use throughout the day? or are there places where you can fill up a bottle with drinking water? or is the sink water the same drinking water without chemicals added?

Thanks in advance.

We always take water bottles with us. The sink water should be the same water and whats in the whole ship. It is all very well cleaned, so no worries there. That water is cleaner than the water in that plastic bottle LOL

We always take water bottles with us. The sink water should be the same water and whats in the whole ship. It is all very well cleaned, so no worries there. That water is cleaner than the water in that plastic bottle LOL

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. We will make sure to take our water bottles.

Hi, I have read many reviews on the Seaside. However, I still have some questions for a first timer.

1- Bracelets/Bands, how much are these? Where can I get them?

2- I have the Fantastica experience and wondering if Ice Cream from the Ice Cream/coffee shop is included on the kids vouchers?

3-The MSC app. Do I need to buy an internet package to be able to communicate via text with other friend onboard the Seaside?

4- I saw a photo package online for $99.00. Does this include all the pictures we take during the week?

5- How can I reserve for the bowling?

6- Do I have to be on board to buy the zipline package?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I haven't gone on Seaside yet, but I've been asking these same questions myself, and this is what I've found out:

1. Not sure, I've been reading different things about them, I think it depends on your level.

2. We also are getting Fantastica, and from what I can figure, you can use them for the ice cream.

3. You don't need the internet package to use the MSC app, but as others have said, there is no chat feature. If you want to chat, you'll have to go through facebook or gmail or whatever, and so yeah, you'll need the internet package.

4. I've seen on other posts that once aboard ship, the digital photo package goes up to 199, so book online first!

5-6 If you're going to do bowling and the zip line, I'd recommend getting the package on the ship where you buy $50 worth of entertainment credit and get $15 free. You can't get it on the website, but when I called customer service, I could prebook it over the phone.

When do you travel? Maybe if you go before me (I'm on June 2nd) I can hit you up with my own questions when you get back! lol

I haven't gone on Seaside yet, but I've been asking these same questions myself, and this is what I've found out:

1. Not sure, I've been reading different things about them, I think it depends on your level.

2. We also are getting Fantastica, and from what I can figure, you can use them for the ice cream.

3. You don't need the internet package to use the MSC app, but as others have said, there is no chat feature. If you want to chat, you'll have to go through facebook or gmail or whatever, and so yeah, you'll need the internet package.

4. I've seen on other posts that once aboard ship, the digital photo package goes up to 199, so book online first!

5-6 If you're going to do bowling and the zip line, I'd recommend getting the package on the ship where you buy $50 worth of entertainment credit and get $15 free. You can't get it on the website, but when I called customer service, I could prebook it over the phone.

When do you travel? Maybe if you go before me (I'm on June 2nd) I can hit you up with my own questions when you get back! lol

The bracelets/bands are $5 each if not in YC or Aurea where they are included. You purchase them at the future cruise/technology desk in the centrum area.

OMG, you are hilarious, I very glad that you took the time to answer me. THANKS!!!! Unfortunately, I am on the June 23rd sailing.. you are going first... so please send me all your tips :) Are you doing Eastern or Western?

The bracelets/bands are $5 each if not in YC or Aurea where they are included. You purchase them at the future cruise/technology desk in the centrum area.

Hi, thanks for your response. Do they really locate the kids? How about opening the cabin door?

Hi, thanks for your response. Do they really locate the kids? How about opening the cabin door?

Last I heard they charge an additional $18/kid for the week for the locating service, but it does work pretty well. The bracelets work well for opening cabins and making purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG, you are hilarious, I very glad that you took the time to answer me. THANKS!!!! Unfortunately, I am on the June 23rd sailing.. you are going first... so please send me all your tips :) Are you doing Eastern or Western?

Western I think? The one with Ocho Rios and Cozumel. I'm going to try and take lots of pictures and do a review when I get back, especially of the kids stuff. I've been looking around, but haven't been able to find a lot of specifics about stuff in the different kids clubs or how the cruise works with toddlers. Have fun on your trip!

Western I think? The one with Ocho Rios and Cozumel. I'm going to try and take lots of pictures and do a review when I get back, especially of the kids stuff. I've been looking around, but haven't been able to find a lot of specifics about stuff in the different kids clubs or how the cruise works with toddlers. Have fun on your trip!

You too!!! I will be waiting for your review. My kids are 9 and 11 but interested in everything kids related.

You too!!! I will be waiting for your review. My kids are 9 and 11 but interested in everything kids related.

We have a 12 yr old as well, and I haven't been able to find much about the middle aged kids club, except that the cooking and 3D printer stuff that was advertised wasn't working on a previous cruise and that the kids were bored. I'm hoping they were just working out the kinks and it will be more entertaining by the time we cruise.

Work perfectly for opening doors...my 8 year old grandson became the expert in opening the Yacht Club entrance door for us and cabin door. He also had no problems with any purchases using wrist band. I did try to locate him using the MSC Me app.... it showed where I was but never picked him up... I assumed they would automatically turn that feature on...pretty sure I ok'd when getting him the wrist band. However I never was charged for the service so I guess not.

work perfectly for opening doors...my 8 year old grandson became the expert in opening the yacht club entrance door for us and cabin door. He also had no problems with any purchases using wrist band. I did try to locate him using the msc me app.... It showed where i was but never picked him up... I assumed they would automatically turn that feature on...pretty sure i ok'd when getting him the wrist band. However i never was charged for the service so i guess not.

thanks!!!

Hi, Just got off the Seaside on Saturday so I'll answer these to the best of my knowledge. I saw you had a bunch or responses but didn't really study them.

1- Bracelets/Bands; My kids got them for free when you sign them up for kids camp, you just need to return the chip the last night. We adults did not get them. We did pay the extra fee to be able to track the kids and it works pretty well.

2- Ice Cream; We also had fantastica, the voucher reads non alcoholic drink so I didn't even try for ice cream. It might have worked as everyone on the ship interprets everything differently.

3-The MSC app; You do not need wifi package to use it. However you do if you want to chat/email etc.. They included the surfer package with my fare for 2 devices and it works well. We did blow through it and had to buy some more data before the week was up. I suggest buying more before the initial runs out because the pricing seemed to be cheaper.

4- Photo package; We pre purchased it for $99, you will get all the pictures you take on the ship in digital format. They still try and sell you pictures on board, but with printing prices so cheap we opted not to. The lady at the counter told us the quality of the digital pics was the same quality they use to print the pictures themselves.

5- bowling; Bowling is reserved at the arcade on deck 7 where the bowling alley is. It can only be made on the day of the bowling, can't be done in advanced. We never made it a priority and would always find the sign up sheet full when we arrived. Both the bowling and the 5d theater are closed from 6-11 for dinner service because there is a dining room on the deck below. I now have to take my kids bowling this weekend... lol.

6- Zipline; For zipline you can buy the passes at the same desk as the bowling & 5d theater. Its $5 per ride or $20 for a pass that covers everyone in your cabin for the duration of the cruise. I bought the $20 package and none of us ever rode the zipline. Similar to the bowling we never prioritized the zip line and the few times that we wanted to do it the zip line was closed. It does not open when the ship is moving or on windy days.

They sell a fun pass at the arcade (which only has 3 games) that gives you extra free $ depending on which one you buy that you can use to pay for the bowling/5d/zip line and the 3 arcade machines.

Hope this helps