SKY Princess April 1993 25 years ago anyone been on this cruise

Anthillers

I came across the menus from this cruise. This was the Captains Welcome dinner . When did we last see caviar in MDR menu!

I have all the menus and the wine list if anyone is interested in how things have changed over 25 years. One thing , cost of the cruise has gone down even if drinks are more expensive. Great Cruise!!

Do you remember the captain?

74a1edd46927342d38d79c49cd582730.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed on the Fairsky her very first season (1984) when she belonged to Sitmar. She was a wonderful ship. I met my husband on that cruise and we just celebrated our 33 anniversary. Sailing next week on the Caribbean Princess - can't wait!

We were on the Sky in 1990 and Mike Moulin was the captain. Tony Pollendine was the Bar Manager and he is now the Hotel Manager on the Coral. Alfredo Marzi was the Chef de Cuisine. Wish I had the menus, but as a 1st time cruiser never thought to do so. We were waitlisted for 2nd seating but we did get it once on board. That was the most popular. No one wanted 1st seating back then!

We must have purchased every photo taken of us and each at a cost $5.50! However, the cruise fare was more than

Our first Princess Cruise and it was fantastic but we didn't go on another until 2000.

The first Sky Princess was 789' 3" in length, 91 feet wide at the beam, with 23' 11" draft.

The new Sky will be somewhat larger!!! Ya' think?

Our very first cruise was on Sky Princess in July, 1992. Capt. Fatchen was our captain. We enjoyed it so much that we've been cruising yearly ever since. We sailed a total of four times on Sky and she is still one of our favorite ships.

Was on Sky a month later on its first Alaska NB of the season. Captain was Roger Knight. CD was Billy Hygate who is still around.

Now back at home, I looked at my collection of menus from that May 93 cruise. Our Captain's Welcome Dinner menu was almost identical (a couple of items on yours were on other nights on our cruise).

Other name still active from that cruise is Maitre D' Nicola Furlan and current CD (or maybe he's an ED now) Tim Donovan was an Assistant CD.

Going back for our 3rd Alaska cruise in just three months.