Price Drops

bdziewit

It has been a couple of years since we have cruised. On Carnival, there used to be a way to look for price drops, but I can't remember where it is at. Is it still available or do you just do a mock booking every time?

When doing a mock booking, do you enter your VIFP and everything? First time I've been in the situation to watch for any price drops.

you would put in everything you are entitled to.

past guest residence rate.

Is the price drop only valid for same category cabins? I thought if a higher category (better) cabin became cheaper you could get a price drop. Also, which letter means higher category, P or S?

Thanks!

It has to be the same category cabin as the one you have. And if that entire category sells out, you can no longer get a price drop for it. Unless there are cancellations and that category opens up again.

I feel like the price drops aren't a good deal anymore. Seems as though they've added so many categories that i never qualify. :o
Thanks to price drops, we saved $105 for our upcoming cruise. With only a couple months left, I don't really expect it to go lower, but there's always a chance. Two years ago, we saved around $200. Not going to turn that down for a few minutes of my time.

Unfortunately they have disabled the fare viewer page which allowed you to check for price drops. It's just as easy to now go through a mock booking and check prices now.

Thank you - I couldn't remember where it used to be. I will do mock bookings.

It has been a couple of years since we have cruised. On Carnival, there used to be a way to look for price drops, but I can't remember where it is at. Is it still available or do you just do a mock booking every time?

Do a mock booking.

I feel like the price drops aren't a good deal anymore. Seems as though they've added so many categories that i never qualify.

:o

More like with cruising so popular, Carnival doesn’t need to have sales or lower prices to fill their ships.

If you were happy with the price when you booked it, then “fretting” over a price drop is unnecessary. Should you check for price drops, sure. Should you expect price drops, not in today’s cruise market.

I feel like the price drops aren't a good deal anymore. Seems as though they've added so many categories that i never qualify.

:o

I hate that fareviewer has been disabled, but I did the mock booking a couple of times and we saved $309 on our upcoming cruise. Of course, it just means we paid too much to start, but hey, that's $309 I can spend on something else. ;p

Okay totally stupid question I’m sure ... what if you check the price and it’s less than you paid? Does Carnival honor the lowest price?

If you booked Early Saver, yes. I take a screen shot and save it just in case (never needed it but I'm paranoid). You then enter a price drop form and hear something back within a day or so. Easy peasy.

Okay totally stupid question I’m sure ... what if you check the price and it’s less than you paid? Does Carnival honor the lowest price?
If you booked the Early Saver rate. Before your final payment date, they'll readjust your balance to reflect the lower price. After your final payment, they issue the difference in price as on board credit. It must be for the exact same category cabin that you booked. If that entire category sells out, then you can no longer get a price match. But sometimes the category will open up again due to cancellations.

I hate that fareviewer has been disabled, but I did the mock booking a couple of times and we saved $309 on our upcoming cruise. Of course, it just means we paid too much to start, but hey, that's $309 I can spend on something else. ;p
Not necessarily. Rates are often based on demand and sometimes they drop just to try to fill a ship the closer its sail date gets.

If you booked the Early Saver rate. Before your final payment date, they'll readjust your balance to reflect the lower price. After your final payment, they issue the difference in price as on board credit.

Remember, though, YOU have to initiate the process through the price protection form. It doesn't happen automatically. That means you have to check the price on an identical cabin, and check it regularly.