Travel time from Long Beach to San Pedro

jmlh

We are departing from San Pedro and are currently booked at the Crown Plaza. However... I am able to get a free night at the Courtyard Marriott in Long Beach. My question is how long is the commute between Long Beach to San Pedro on the morning of the cruise? Or would your best advice be to stay put at the Crown Plaza and use my free night another time? We arrive around 9 on the evening prior to the cruise so restaurants, etc. are not important. Thanks for your input.

We are departing from San Pedro and are currently booked at the Crown Plaza. However... I am able to get a free night at the Courtyard Marriott in Long Beach. My question is how long is the commute between Long Beach to San Pedro on the morning of the cruise? Or would your best advice be to stay put at the Crown Plaza and use my free night another time? We arrive around 9 on the evening prior to the cruise so restaurants, etc. are not important. Thanks for your input.

There are two Marriott Courtyards in Long Beach...

One is called "Downtown" and is at about First and Atlantic...a little over seven miles from the pier in San Pedro and, depending on traffic will take a minimum of about 20 minutes, crossing through Downtown Long Beach, across the bridge onto Terminal Island, then across the Vincent Thomas Bridge to the pier, competing in traffic with all of the harbor truck traffic.

The other one is called Courtyard by Marriott Airport...and is 16 miles to the pier and will take about a half an hour or more, depending on traffic.

There are no advantages, other than the free night, to the Airport Courtyard...and, since you are getting in late and won't be able to enjoy any of the Long Beach attractions or restaurants, no real advantage to staying at the Downtown Courtyard--other than the free night.

The Crowne Plaza puts you within walking distance (or VERY short Uber or shuttle ride) from your ship. I would just keep that reservation and use the free night some other time (I assume it's Marriott Points and can be used anywhere, any time, right?)