Early Disembark, RCCL

My husband and father would like to get off the PRhapsody of the Seas as early as possible. They are getting in a car and driving from Tampa to Vermont. the rest of us are flying home.

Does anyone know how early one could potentially get off the ship? Is there such thing as early disembarking? Hopefully a case-by-case basis.

Thanks!!

If they are willing to take their own bags off the ship and get in the self-assist line early, they can probably be off the ship around 45 minutes after arrival.

Any special permissions to do this, or do they just show up? Any idea on what time seems reasonable?

Any special permissions to do this, or do they just show up? Any idea on what time seems reasonable?

Nope, just show up. Towards the end of your cruise, you will get a letter in your stateroom entitled "As You Depart" which will have details about the self-assist process.

I don't understand the "what time" part of your post.

There are some variables here. To be part of self assist, you must NOT put your bags out the night before, and keep them in your room and carry them off yourself. While I've never been on Rhapsody, there usually is a flyer and on the last evening it maybe on your television what time self embarkation starts. In bigger ports with multiple ships, the time you are arrived and then cleared can vary, but its usually before everyone else. Pay attention to any announcements, cruise director's TV show or printed materials. We did this is Tampa in 2012 and we were on the road by 8am.

There are some variables here. To be part of self assist, you must NOT put your bags out the night before, and keep them in your room and carry them off yourself. While I've never been on Rhapsody, there usually is a flyer and on the last evening it maybe on your television what time self embarkation starts. In bigger ports with multiple ships, the time you are arrived and then cleared can vary, but its usually before everyone else. Pay attention to any announcements, cruise director's TV show or printed materials. We did this is Tampa in 2012 and we were on the road by 8am.

Good to know! Thanks!!!

Nope, just show up. Towards the end of your cruise, you will get a letter in your stateroom entitled "As You Depart" which will have details about the self-assist process.

I don't understand the "what time" part of your post.

The "what time" I was referring to was what time do they get in the self assist line. I am now understanding that we will learn more toward the end of our cruise. Thanks!!!

The "what time" I was referring to was what time do they get in the self assist line. I am now understanding that we will learn more toward the end of our cruise. Thanks!!!

Depends on how soon they want to get off. If they want to be first to get off, I'd get in line at least 45 minutes before scheduled arrival.