I finish my Cozumel photo gallery, if you want to see what it looks like

bruce-r

OK, I didn't take many photos of destruction even though the were was at least some damage most places, so don't be disappointed if the photos concentrate the good things in Cozumel.

Bruce's Cozumel Photos

If anyone has any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them. I can tell you that the post Cozumel vacation depression isn't over yet. It probably won't end until I have flight reservations for the next trip there. Also, 7 days isn't long enough, next time will be for at least 10 days, maybe even 2 weeks. There are still lots of restaurants there I want to try.

I'm still working on the underwater photos.

Thanks for the photos, Bruce!

It's nice to see some familar places and faces... I can't wait for another trip to Coz! I think I'll have to try the land-based trip this next time!

Assuming you rented a car, how was the driving in Cozumel? I'm sure your driving was error-free...but, how was everyone else's?!?

Wow, I really need to proofread before I hit that post button.

It was great getting to meet Tom. He is just as nice in person as I imagined he would be from his posts here.

We rented a car for most of the week we were there. I didn't have any trouble driving, but it does take extra concentration to drive in town, especially at night, with all the scooters and bicycles sharing the street. The other drivers weren't bad. Not like driving in Italy or Paris, and there isn't the confusion of tring to drive on the other side of the road like in Grand Cayman. I wouldn't recommend renting a car for a nervous type person. To add to the fun, none of the traffic lights were working. Police were at the major intersections to direct traffic. Driving south of town and on the east side was very easy, very few cars around.

Bruce, I know you are a diver. How are the reefs? I heard huge chunks were torn off in Wilma, but that they were trying to put some of it back together with the help of volunteer divers.

I don't think I would say "huge chunks" were torn off. There was some damage evident on every dive, but most of the time it was just the fragile soft corals, sea fans, and sponges. Only the very shallow shore dives are in really bad condition. They look pretty clean of any non-mobile life, mostly just fish left. I wouldn't say any of the sites I dived was destroyed, just changed in various ways. Loads of sand has been removed from many of the dive sites making the swim thru's much larger.

The workers were only trying to clean debris from the reef, you know, stuff that washed off shore and didn't belong in the water.

sponge.jpg.5d47b052af1f785349eae1f01d032eac.jpg

Great photos Bruce.... Looks like they are trying hard to get it all together there again after the hurricane... I hope it's a gentler hurricane season this year too.... I'll be there in December on our scuba cruise...:D Love the underwater photos....

Archived