Surfer Internet package replacement ?

thegraminator

I am wondering if anyone can help me to understand the current situation on the Seaside .

When we booked our Seaside cruise in July of last year while cruising on the Divina , one of the booking perks for the Fantastica experience included the Surfer Internet package . I understand they have eliminated that particular package and are now only offering the regular or the premium Internet packages .

So my question is . . . Have we lost the perk of free Internet service , or are they offering the smaller package in place of the Surfer package?

Have any of you recent cruisers had this situation ? TIA !

Thank you for the quick answer ! Do you think we would have the ability to upgrade to the premium package , and if so should we call and do the upgrade before we sail or once we are on board ? I appreciate the help !

I would suggest calling before your cruise. Especially since you received a package included with your booking. This will ensure no major snag ups when you board and set up the internet service

We are sailing on Seaside next week and also booked when the Surfer internet package was one of the free perks.

When we received our edocs the it is shown as “SUSTD40 - "Surfer Day: Access to social networks, chat apps, emails and web browsing(No Audio and Video). For 24h up to 800 Mbs+an esclusive 20% more data(total amount 960 MBs).”

From that wording, it appears it is only for one day which is a big change from the original perk. I keep meaning to call for clarification but haven’t gotten around to doing so.

Just off the 3/24 sailing and had the same package. It was good up to 1000 MB which for me lasted most of the week. I did have to “top up” another 1000 MB for $30 late in the week for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked a cruise for june 2019 about an hour ago with an online TA company and It's already showing in my MSC account. Under payment it says we have a $25 OBC and Internet Surfer Cruise Plus (both a nice surprise) if this internet package is no longer offered why would i have it in my account for a brand new booking?

Does get a bit confusing when things disappear from one bit of the MSC system but not others without any explanation. I am on Sinfonia on 14 May and had prepurchased Surfer Cruise Plus as I did not need access to Videos whilst away but did want access to emails and being able to do some simple surfing about ports and UK news. Surfer Cruise Plus seems to have disappeared from the Internet options but still shows in what In have paid for but without full explanation as to what it covers. So it is interesting that Surfer Cruise Plus seems to still exist in what TAs are able to access and offer as the minimum available on the MSC UK site is around double the cost of Surfer Cruise Plus.