"Your Time" Dining

wealwayswander

The service is the same regardless of whether you have set dining or YTD. If you like your wait team in YTD, just ask to be seated with them when you come to the dining room. If you don't like the, just tell the hostess that you do not want the same team. I love the flexibility of going to eat when I want to - although we typically go around the same time every night. Also, if we decide to just eat in the buffet, I don't worry about my waitstaff looking for me to show up to dinner. When we had set dining years ago, we would end up sitting there 10-15 minutes just waiting to see if our tablemates were going to show up. It was a bit annoying, since they only came to dinner 2-3 times that week.

I think the service is less because you don't have the same servers every time, so they don't get to know your wants and likes. But the service is not bad so it does not bother me enough to stop doing ytd

We just sailed Fascination with YTD. The first night we got a team we were very happy with and requested them every night. We were usually going for dinner around 6PM and never had to wait for them.

I think I may be a different type of cruiser. Other than wanting a lot of water with meals, I like doing something different each night. Since Carnival switched to having carafes on the table that helps for the water (except for when we run out). Some evenings I might want a cup of tea but not every night, and just because we get wine one night doesn't mean we want every night either.

I like the option of changing my mind day to day and would feel bad if the server went to the effort to bring me something but I didn't want it that night.

For example I like to drink, half ice tea, half lemonade. when I had a set dinning the server always had it for me at the table. Also my son eats french fries, and they learned that about him. But with YTD, I had to request this each time. Plus they didn't know my kids names and play with them like the set time servers would. So I felt like with set dinning your get that extra service because they learn about you.