Celebrity Equinox 6/16/18 Western Caribbean - question about shore excursions

CDJcruiser

Hello all...This will be my second trip on the Equinox. Last summer, we sailed on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary and had a wonderful time. We are now going to experience the Western Caribbean on this ship. I have a question about shore excursions booked through Celebrity. We will have some OBC to use and would like to use it on an excursion in Grand Cayman and possibly one Costa Maya as well. Any suggestions? Are there particular Stingray City excursions that people have enjoyed in Grand Cayman? In Costa Maya, has anyone done any of the beach excursions through Celebrity? Or, is it better to go to one of the beach clubs on your own (I have read about Krazy Lobster, Yaya, etc.) Thanks in advance for your help!

We did an excursion here years ago and the beach was disappointing and the club they took us to was very far away. We just returned last weekend and spent the day at The Krazy Lobster. The food was delicious and the full body massages only $30.00 but the ambiance is not spa-like as there was loud music playing. They expanded so the beach area is much larger and they take the time to keep the water clear of the sargassum weed, which has taken over the area, unlike other places. We took the shuttle for $3.00 to get there and paid $8.00 for a taxi to return. Please ask the taxi driver for the price before getting in.

I second going to Tropicante. I was super surprised by our bill when we went to leave. Thought for sure for the 3 of us it was going to be about $100 but it was only $49.

As for Celebrity Shore excursions we did the dolphin swim and stingray city in Grand Cayman this year. It was my nieces favorite thing that they have done.

I recommend doing the "stingray city" tour once.....you will save some money if you book a local tour company vs Celebrity..they do exactly the same thing...but if you are trying to use up OBC, then it doesn't matter.

We just did that trip this past February. Maya Chan is a great spot! Book early as they can sell out early. We really enjoyed Aquarius tours in Grand Cayman. Great value and great tours. We have done 8 Celebrity cruises and always book excursions independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums