Anyone have the room service "fee menu"?

LongHill44

Is this pretty new? We cruise a lot and up until December (our last cruise) they still had the red and blue long narrow menu that offered 24 hours service (no charge), and had a section with free stuff and then stuff to buy (with prices listed).

Like a Ceasar salad and several sandwiches were free, but things like wings or french fries were a nominal cost.

Or maybe it is ship specific?

Also for the "fee" stuff on your link, I don't see a price (on the other menu the price was listed), how do you know what items cost?

Is this pretty new? We cruise a lot and up until December (our last cruise) they still had the red and blue long narrow menu that offered 24 hours service (no charge), and had a section with free stuff and then stuff to buy (with prices listed).

Like a Ceasar salad and several sandwiches were free, but things like wings or french fries were a nominal cost.

Or maybe it is ship specific?

Also for the "fee" stuff on your link, I don't see a price (on the other menu the price was listed), how do you know what items cost?

Not sure how new it is, but Carnival has had that posted on their dining site for a few months now. I cannot say as to what ships it is currently implemented on as I do not cruise on my next ship until August.

For your last bit about the "fee" stuff, Carnival never posts the price of fee related food/beverages on their public menu (it is on the menu that you see on the ship). Perhaps you can search for a photo that a past cruiser has posted of the menu with prices.

The change went into effect on January 16, 2018. I personally don't have a problem with paying for some items. What I miss most is my pot of coffee on debark day. I get up early enjoy some coffee as I dress and pack up the last few items. Here is the last night menu for those that requested.

28471810_1875039645841906_4960968940326238651_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9ec140a1fe9e70b69a35a517a2b375db&oe=5B7584B5

The prices aren't terrible, and they aren't a deal-breaker if I'm starving at 11pm. (Starving on a cruise ship is next to impossible.)

They still have pizza on Lido if you want to walk up there and get it -- still free.

John Heald said they implemented the brilliant charges on their brilliant late-night menu because far too many people order room service and then fall asleep (or pass out) before it gets there. FFS! So the brilliant food was just a brilliant waste at that point.

They are also trying a complimentary late night menu (I am assuming served on Lido) on Horizon and Vista right now to see how they work. There were a lot of complaints about the if the only place to get 'free' food late at night was the pizzeria that the lines were going to be even longer than they are now. Hopefully the new menu (or similar option) works out.

I can completely understand why they went fee based for room service late at night due to all the wasted food.... but I am going to miss being able to come back and order a toasted pb&j when I get back to my room in the evenings.