Port Canaveral - Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach is now a Quality Inn

SteerageJoe

• 2 months later...

Hi SteerageJoe, What do you know about this hotel? I was checking this one out through GoPortCanaveral and the current reviews say it needs updating, dirty, etc. Did they just do the outside or do you know anything else that would help us make our decision. Thanks in advance.

PS: We are a large family 13 so far and coming to Florida by different means so GoPortCanaveral seems to be the easiest for all of us. Or do you have another suggestion? Thanks

New outside paint job - check

New signs - check (happened this morning)

Quality-Inn.jpg

Despite the name change, etc it remains an older hotel and while new paint and furniture go a long way, the design is still motel-style with a courtyard!

The top floors of the ocean-view suites have 2 rooms (6 floor is top floor and you have a partially obscured ocean view). These are the best rooms.

About goportcanaveral - cannot comment on the service but there are recent TripAdvisor reviews.

With a large group like yours I would want private transport and control of the room situation at the hotel! I am not convinced you will be saving money by using a travel agency and while it may be easier during booking time, on the ground you are inviting more hassles than necessary.

Your group will be joined by others on the package making an even larger group. There is no way I would have my large family wait around on someone else's schedule but that is just me!

Frankly, I would arrange a private shuttle service for all transfers and book directly with the hotel or an online web discounter but talk to the hotel to make sure rooms are connected etc.