Disembarkation Seaside

GOLDENBONNY

Looking for an early flight 11:30 from Fort Lauderdale :eek:.Any chance we can make it? I know generally should not be a problem but Seaside is a huge ship . How fast we can be out from experience if we carry our own lagged?

Delete...made 2 duplicate entries

Looking for an early flight 11:30 from Fort Lauderdale :eek:.Any chance we can make it? I know generally should not be a problem but Seaside is a huge ship . How fast we can be out from experience if we carry our own lagged?

Yes...you should make with no problem. Ship docks around 6am or earlier .... Disembarkation started around 7..... we casually left ship at 7:45 after our 3/24 sailing and were in a cab to Airport by 8:15. FYI...we took cab to Miami Airport and rented a car for our drive to W Palm Beach Airport (65 miles away)....we were in the terminal checking our bags around 10am for an 11:45 am flight!! Similar process and time frame when we cruised on Carnival Vista in November!! Note...we were in YC....so if your not in YC...do self disembark or go to guest services and request a early number for disembarkation

We were in our car driving out of the parking garage at 7:09 because I took a photo of the time gate.

Directly from the daily’s:

If you prefer the Express disembarkation:

Express Walk Off:

If you wish to disembark carrying your own luggage, please wait for the clearance announcement then proceed directly to the gangways. Please have your documentation and cruise card on hand. Guests requiring wheelchair assistance are invited to join the assisted disembarkation process.

Then on the Departure schedule for Miami:

Meeting point in your departure lounge is Gangway deck 6 and the time is between 7 and 8

Breakfast in the buffet opens at 6 so we decided to eat quickly first and then went to our room and took our luggage to deck 6. We were surprised to see quite a number of people already in line. The ship was cleared well before 7 and the line went quickly through customs. Very easy disembarkation!!! Have a great cruise!!! We enjoyed every moment of our Seaside cruise!!!

We are outside by 700.

The only real problem I see is if the customs staff happen to delay the disembarkation process . I don't think this happens too often, but it is a possibility . I read on a different cruise line that the ship was not cleared until after 10 am. This caused pure mayhem for the exiting passengers as well as the guests trying to board.

More than likely you should be fine . I'm just playing the devil's advocate .

The only real problem I see is if the customs staff happen to delay the disembarkation process . I don't think this happens too often, but it is a possibility . I read on a different cruise line that the ship was not cleared until after 10 am. This caused pure mayhem for the exiting passengers as well as the guests trying to board.

More than likely you should be fine . I'm just playing the devil's advocate .

O, I know that . Usually it happens when ship comes from Colombia .

Yes...you should make with no problem. Ship docks around 6am or earlier .... Disembarkation started around 7..... we casually left ship at 7:45 after our 3/24 sailing and were in a cab to Airport by 8:15. FYI...we took cab to Miami Airport and rented a car for our drive to W Palm Beach Airport (65 miles away)....we were in the terminal checking our bags around 10am for an 11:45 am flight!! Similar process and time frame when we cruised on Carnival Vista in November!! Note...we were in YC....so if your not in YC...do self disembark or go to guest services and request a early number for disembarkation

I would love to hear your comparison of the vista to the msc seaside!!! Considering switching from lido balcony on Horizon in October to the MSC Seaside on a guaranteed balcony (thinking it will be Deck 9). Never been on MSC before and would love to get your feedback since you have done both!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WE have a 940 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale really hoping EVERYTHING goes well!!!! We have done this in the past and had good results hoping our run continues.

0940 you better be using the walk off as that is an early flight. You have a lot of faith in the CBA

WE have a 940 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale really hoping EVERYTHING goes well!!!! We have done this in the past and had good results hoping our run continues.

Sorry, I would NEVER book a flight that early. And the airport is at least 1/2 hour away in good traffic. And if security at the airport is backed up??? Way too close for comfort.

Yes, everyone has their own comfort level. We have done it before and it's worked out! Will it happen this time? Who knows??? We will see, there are always other flights to return so it's not like we won't be able to get home. Best case scenario it works out, worst case we sit around and catch a later flight. Nothing bad is going to happen.

You are assuming there are open seats on the later flights. Most flights these days are at or very near to capacity. Plus, there may be change fees invoked. I'm with the others, there is no way I would book a flight that early out of an airport that far away. If you were docking in FLL, it would be a different story.

OK, this is getting to be like that show where the host dared the participants to name that tune in ever decreasing number of notes. So, in that spirit: do I hear from any one that docks in Miami Port and has an FLL out bound flight at 8:30AM... or earlier?

• 2 weeks later...

So, just an update...we are off Seaside this morning. Walked off and airport now for our 940 flight. We were up at 530 had a quick breakfast, in walk off line at 625. Had to wait till 650, off ship, cleared customs calles SAS transportation which was prebooked. Arrived Ft. Lauderdale airport at 742. Did kiosk check in and baggage thru security and in airport at 805. Now waiting for our 940 flight...delayed till 945. So, it is possible. We have done this several times and it has worked, just once it didn't we got stuck in New York ship was unable to dock. We didn't dock until 11:00 am. Many people missed their flights. We had our car so it didn't matter for us. Point is in this day and age of early walk off disembarkation early flight is possible. You are taking a chance but if you are willing to get up early and walk off it can be done. SAS driver tells me he drives people in for early flights all the time. He says best to be off ship by 745 and the entire organization has never had anyone miss a flight. Please take the info for what it is worth. I am not debating just offering up info that it can be done and is done all the time according to our driver.

• Like 1

For us, it was worth it as we got a direct flight which was much cheaper and direct. Otherwise, flight would have been a couple of hundred dollars cheaper and 2 hours less travel time. Of course, if it doesn't work there is stress but if not it is very good. Don't think an 1100 flight would be a problem.

For us, it was worth it as we got a direct flight which was much cheaper and direct. Otherwise, flight would have been a couple of hundred dollars cheaper and 2 hours less travel time. Of course, if it doesn't work there is stress but if not it is very good. Don't think an 1100 flight would be a problem.

Great to hear! Looking forward to your comparison of the Seaside and Vista as well! Hope you enjoyed the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

Just did the trip from MSC seaside. Was off the ship and through customs by 7:15. Took Uber which was a 7 minute wait. At the FLl delta bag drop at 7:50. Through security at 8:00. I wish I had a 9:40 flight now. Lol. Have to wait until 11:40.

We made an 8:45am flight out of FLL when we sailed on the Divina. No, we didn’t book a flight that early. We just got to the airport so early that we were able to standby on that 8:45am flight.