Future first-time Carnival cruiser. (Fall of '19, Caribbean.) How awash in children?

I am taking my son out for a week in May...its the 2nd to the last week of school. I don't care one bit if he misses school. And don't worry if your children make a mess at the soft serve. Its their vacation too, and they are still learning. Adults make messes at the soft serve machine too!......

I will just say its my husbands one and only week of vacation for the year. :)

Because of your husbands unique vacation situation, by all means take the kids out of school and enjoy your vacation. But......"don't worry if your children make a mess at the soft serve" Are you going to be there to clean it up? You're correct when you say they are still learning and by making a mess, they had better learn to clean it up out of respect to the other cruisers on board.

It's not vacation for children. Vacation is what you earn after you have a job with a paycheck. While you're still in school learning, it's a break. That's why it's called Christmas break, Spring break, Summer break.

Haha! That's an old paradigm.

Wow. I'm not on social media and haven't been on a board in a long time. Now i remember why. Thought I'd jump on here and find some people who love cruises to get excited with me and share their joys and thoughts on what to do, but whew! The judgement and complaining on this board are thick! The angry energy is palpable. I'm out! Happy cruising, y'all!

"It's not vacation for children. Vacation is what you earn after you have a job with a paycheck. While you're still in school learning, it's a break. That's why it's called Christmas break, Spring break, Summer break."

By this logic, there are many of us who don't qualify. I am one who doesn't receive a paycheck, but you can bet I earn my vacations. I tell my kids all the time that thier school IS thier job.

To the OP.... We avoid fall because of weather uncertainties and usually sail Dec-Mar, avoiding the holidays. I don't want to spend more than necessary or feel more crowded than necessary. We always do 7 night sailings. There are always kids, but whether we are sailing as a family(20%) or a couple(80%), they just don't bother me so its less about fewer kids and more about fewer bodies (for me). I usually ask at camp what the kid census is and have found that 4-500 or so are the weeks when the ship just feels less "peopley". 900-1200 would be a lot of kids on a dream class ship. Even when traveling with our kids, we prefer to keep the kid number down. It just makes everything feel a little less crowded. I don't use hot tubs or pools (except in the spa) but In all my cruising days, I have had far more annoying experiences with adults than with kids.

To the poster who is concerned about kids and ice cream. Just practice together and show your kids how to make a cone without making a disaster. Then they will be ready for a week of ice cream without the mess =) The trick that we use is as you are dispensing the icecream, push upward with the cone as you swirl it in circles. It packs the ice cream, and makes a tighter twist. No drooping or tumbling icecream ;) This is also how you win a tallest cone contest =)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Haha! That's an old paradigm.

Wow. I'm not on social media and haven't been on a board in a long time. Now i remember why. Thought I'd jump on here and find some people who love cruises to get excited with me and share their joys and thoughts on what to do, but whew! The judgement and complaining on this board are thick! The angry energy is palpable. I'm out! Happy cruising, y'all!

Believe it or not, most of us have a cruise and let cruise attitude. Oddly, once the convos have deteriorated, most attempts to break it up or mediate just make it worse. If anyone is still earning sociology degrees they can do all the studies they want on human interaction by visiting this website for people who like cruise vacations and for a few who like to point out that most of us

A. Can’t make the right decision about vacation for our circumstances

B. Are low class trash (or spoiled snobs, apparently we have lots of both)

C. Are on their last nerve every time they encounter us on ships

Why spend $$ on pay per view fights when you can tune in here for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure you pick a ship that the Aft pool is adults only. Definitely helps to minimize the kids impact. Also I generally cruise early February which ensures that most of the kids are in school at that time. And before anything is said about me not liking kids, I have 10 grandkids so that argument is invalid! I just happen to enjoy some adult time while cruising.