Bahamas Cell service on Great Stirrup Cay?

courtneyMC

Yes, I can confirm that at GSC, used it last year twice - Gem in May and Breakaway in November, ship's WiFi signal also reached the island's beachfront.

There are signal tower(s) on the island with antennas mounted high, good coverage - IMO - at 3G speed, but quite usable. Look for "BTC" (T-Mobile, Project Fi and AT&T) ... can't vouch for VZW, wasn't sure if our iPhone was in CDMA or GSM, but "roaming" data worked for us, cheaply since it was on "Fi" network. Just make sure you know your roaming/billed rates for your home carrier(s).

T-Mo's regular plans vary on what's included & covered, but voice & texting were fine ... data, probably, throttled & kept at 3G, I got a warning about it as part of the "Welcome to ... " msg. on the dual-sim phone for that line.

Probably an extension for coverage for the rest of the Berry Islands and for the vendors in the straw/flea market. Nassau, of course, was full 4G/LTE.

thank you! that's what I was hoping. with a weekend cruise and no sea days it's less expensive to use my $10/day international plan from ATT than to get an internet package from the ship. My plan includes the Bahamas in that pricing, but wasn't sure if there would be coverage at the smaller island.