Magnifica Cruise Review April 7-14 2018 - third time is (still) a charm!

Celandine

Last full day....

We slept in a bit today, nothing major planned at all. We got up and went for breakfast/lunch. I did a little bit of last minute shopping and we started to figure out plans for tomorrow.

Today the universe hated me. The purses were on sale, and there was one I liked. I looked at it and got the price, walked away for a few minutes decided I could spend the money but when I came back it was gone, on the floor and when we asked about it - it was damaged so they couldn't sell it to us. They showed me some other purses but this one was the perfect one.... so I walked away.

When I purchased a new luggage tag (mine ripped off in either Munich or Hamburg airport) it wouldn't scan, after a few minutes the guy went and scanned a similar item so I could purchase that. I also tried to get my 'free' bottled water at dinner in the buffet, but tonight they declined and said it was for the dining room only (we never got a table assignment, and never sorted this out). I mentioned I had received it all week (and just an hour earlier my friend got his) but too bad. I wasn't mad at the server, but I was frustrated at this point.

There was some workout time, and while my friend when to the gym (before dinner) I packed my suitcase. I also started to feel worse again. Tonight's show was "Sophisticats" which I was really excited for (I love cats) and the dress was informal.

I ended up having to leave the show a bit early because I was sick again, but I didn't miss much just goodbyes from the cast and crew. The show was once again weird, but still enjoyable.

After the show we went back to the room, my friend packed and we basically got ready to sleep. A long day ahead of us.

The final morning...

we got up and were out of our room by 7:30 am as written on the paper.

We went for breakfast, still an upset stomach I had some bread and fruit with water. When he was done eating we went to the Guest Services desk to settle the account (we put a cash deposit down and needed change). There was no lineup and that was a painless process.

Then we went to the Tiger Bar to wait to disembark. We were in the group getting off at 9:15 am, and watched others disembark first. Everything seemed to be on time and right around 9:15 our group was called. We got off the ship and to the luggage storage area and found our luggage with no issues and walked outside to get a taxi to the airport.

I had booked afternoon flights (3:15 pm Hamburg to Munich and then 9:35 pm Munich to Cairo) just in case there were issues, and we were fine. We spent time in the airport, watched some tv shows, I felt a bit better and ate some breakfast. The flight was short and when we got to Munich we went right to check in to get rid of our luggage.

When we went to our gate we had to go through Passport control and our guy was very confused at the lack of an arrival stamp from Hamburg - we got a stamp when we boarded the ship but there was no passport control after Southampton. So he couldn't figure out how we got back into Germany. Luckily I showed him the cruise information (printout) and it had our names on it and the dates of the cruise. He stamped our passports and let us through, but I'm sure he called some supervisor after to ask. I assured him we didn't skip a passport line, there just wasn't one.

After a lot more waiting and we boarded our final plane and this flight had a lot of turbulence, a bit stressful at times. I arrived in Cairo at 1:40 am, and back in my apartment at 3:30 am, for a quick nap before leaving for work at 7:30 am.

Overall a great cruise - not so great weather, enjoyable food and entertainment and I will definitely be back on MSC.

Happy sailing!