Gift card verification [emoji42][emoji42]

prestige809

So I’m aboard the victory I went to guest services to apply another gift card for last minute purchases , I used one from a cancelled cruise it after he went tru my whole spending history and being this was gonna be my 5th gift card to be applied he went ahead and say that he had to email the accounting department to verify the gift card and that they would be the ones that will apply it , this was on the second day. We are on our final night and balance has not been applied 🤨

Other than that the cruise been perfect no

Complaints at all

Dear carnival do better you want our money or not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, so I am confused. I am not sure I am understanding exactly what your are saying, but you say "I used one from a cancelled cruise." Does this mean you had used it already to pay for the cruise and assumed when you canceled it went back on that gift card?

Just to clarify. Once a gift card is used it is DEAD. They are NOT reloadable and if you cancel something or have a refund coming to you, you should receive a new gift card in the mail from Carnival.

I know there was a lot of confusion going on regarding this on some previous threads a while back and bad information was given that if you canceled something it would be credited back to the gift card you had used. This does NOT happen.

Just trying to help if I am reading this correctly as to why there are issues with this card you are using now, and to help head off a similar problem for others who may not know.

No, I’m sorry let me clarify I had booked a cruised and I had to cancel it they sent me a gift card for he remaining balance after the cancellation fee, They sent a couple in various denominations,

Now I forgot to mention One of them I only applied half the balance when I went to guess services it would not let me reapply the remaining balance because the system said the gift card was already applied even tho there’s balance left ( so if you’re going to apply a gift card just use the whole balance or you won’t be able to use the same one again during the cruise)

I hope this clear the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, that makes more sense. So we kind of had this issue once. We had a guest services agent that said we couldn't use the $50 left on a gift card, because it was used (it was a $100 gift card, and I had used $50 of it). I explained the exact balance of $50 that was left on it, and told her they should be able to apply it. She said just a minute and had to figure out "how" to do that.

I would go back and tell them to apply "XXX" whatever the exact amount is left on the card, and if the person helping you can't I would ask for the manager.

You obviously have internet, so I would log into Carnival's website and check the balance myself first to make sure what you think is on there really is.

Thanks for this heads-up! We have several $500 e-cards for our next cruise, will make sure I use any of our smaller increments first on our pay-off and leave the full larger ones. Seems like guest services should be able to figure this out on their own. :confused:

I think there was an announcement a month or 2 ago that they changed how they applied gift cards either over a certain dollar amount or quantity due to the gift card fraud issues that were taking place. I think part of it was that the shoreside office had to verify them. I'm not sure if that's what happened in your case though...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have three gift cards ordered but not yet received for an upcoming cruise. I think I'm OK: The plan is to apply the full balance, and it should all be done prior to the cruise leaving. But I appreciate all this discussion. I hope everything works out for the initial poster.