tracey arm fjord glacier explorer

kroberst

anyone do this? Do you get off the ship for the smaller boat then back on later? Do you end up in Juneau? Trying to undersrand how this works or wondering if they mislabeled it and it really is a Juneau excursion.

I did this last August. You will be boarding a small boat in Juneau, then travel an hour each way to the Tracy Arm Fjord. The boat ride was very bumpy, and the day my mother and I went, it was rainy in Juneau. I've attached three photos that do not do this expedition justice.

1983252862_Photo1.jpg.e59f5149c8d0d58e7cd3e0d757bdb34f.jpg

1993893851_Photo2.thumb.jpg.78c653fe179621fd59a8441616e5f9d0.jpg

982580373_Photo3.jpg.a58166dc1e2dade2350fa206a4c7abf9.jpg

Probably best excursion we ever took. You get onto the small boat and in our case, it took us closer to the glacier than the ship could get, we then went to another portion of the glacier that the ship could not get to under any ice conditions. The boat which was actually a catamaran had an inside area if the weather is really lousy. We saw loads of wild lib and many whales on the way back to Juneau where we met the ship. Great excursion, there are other threads on this board if you wish to do a search.

anyone do this? Do you get off the ship for the smaller boat then back on later? Do you end up in Juneau? Trying to undersrand how this works or wondering if they mislabeled it and it really is a Juneau excursion.

Check Trip Advisor for reviews. I did this excursion in 2011, and I believe Allen Marine tours was the vendor. They boarded us from the ship as we approached Tracy Arm.

Our small ship went independently and up close to tour the glaciers. Had a great tour, free hot beverages. They also had a small snack bar for purchases.

Loved the naturalist commenting on wildlife, and they did have binoculars for us to use, and we met the ship as she docked in Juneau. We pulled up alongside and boarded the ship, before they let the other passengers debark.

My experience was 7 years ago, so may not be the most current info.

Enjoy ! I loved this tour.

Edited by peach section
bad spelling. LOL