Single room rates???

Hi. What gives on RCC? I tried to book a single cabin for the 01/08/06 or 01/22/06 sailing for the $429 rate and they said the rate was not available. Then he said there were no rooms at that rate for singles. I know I will pay extra for a single cabin but how can they not have rooms for me under $1000 as a single? I don't get it. :mad:

I sailed Carnival as a single with no problem. What gives with RCC?:confused:

RCI charges 200% for singles (as do most other cruiselines). I'm assuming the $429 was the per person rate, so you should be able to get that at double if it was available for that sailing. They do it because they have no troubles selling their cabins. My cruise last January I went by myself and received a lot of extra attention because I was by myself, so I found it was well worth it. You just have decide if it is worth it for yourself. \

I just did a search and see where your problem may be. The $429 pp rate is for a guarantee stateroom (I'm assuming you were looking at the $429 pp rate on Rhapsody of the Seas). RCI does not allow singles to book into guarantee staterooms. Sorry.

The problem is that RCI has no single cabins. Often, if the cruise is selling well, there is no break at all. You pay the price of two people in the cabin minus one set of port charges and taxes.

Unfortunately a cruise ship is kind of like Noah's Ark. They expect everyone to either come aboard in pairs or at least pay the price of a pair.

Archived