Norwegian Dawn vs Spirit ?

rwcruiser

I'm sure others can answer this one for you, but I was on the Dawn this time last year and will be on the Spirit next Sunday! We (my fiance and I) chose to do the Spirit this year because the itinary is a bit different, and it seems like a nice ship! I'll let you know how we like this ship compared to the Dawn!! If you have any questions I can try to find answers to them too while away!:)

If anyone has been on both the Dawn and Spirit I would appreciate some feed back as last year we went on the Dawn and loved it , and was thinking about going on the Spirit this year,maybe.

Not strictly the answer to your question, but...

We have been on both the Spirit and the Jewel, which is, I believe, the sister ship of the Dawn (a ship we haven't yet cruised on). We enjoyed the Jewel very much, and have already booked to cruise again on her in September 2006, but we preferred the Spirit. A beautiful ship which seemed to have a better layout than the Jewel. Our ideal would be the Egypt cruise in Sept. 2006 on the Spirit - but then we don't want to be greedy - we are happy with what we have booked!:)

I like to think the Spirit is just a slightly older smaller version of the Dawn. You'll love both ships, and can do no wrong in picking either. I would choose what I think would be the better intinerary between the two ships. Both ships were built by Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. NCL had a choice in picking which would be the second ship sailing year round out of New York City, the Spirit or the Sun, you'll agree NCL chose well.

IMHO the Dawn wins hands down. The service was a 1000 times better on the Dawn. The food is also better as is the ship itself. Even though the Spirit just came out drydock....the Dawn was in better shape when we sailed on her last year. There also seems to be a lot less activities on the Spirt. The pool area is defenitely nicer on the Dawn. We sailed both ships for Thanksgiving a year apart and the Dawn is defenitely a nicer ship.

Archived