Seaside Entertainment and other Question

lisakoivu

I am considering the Seaside for our annual March Break trip in 2019, because I have some airline credits to use up, and of course, the price.

My husband loves to go to lounges and listen to guitar players while we have drinks. Is there anything like that on the Seaside?

Also, while I'm at it, we typically get a bare bones inside cabin. We usually buy a spa pass and I would like to buy a drink package. I am confused a little bit about how the various levels work. On the cruise we are interested in, which is June 9, I THINK a balcony with Aurea will do all of that - although I'm still not sure if the drink package that goes with Aurea includes frozen drinks. Or would we have to upgrade the drink package? Grand total for that idea would be $3164.

Or is it cheaper to get inside cabin + standalone deluxe drink package + standalone spa passes. I can't seem to get prices on the drink packages or spa packages from the website? If anyone can provide those for me so I can "do the math", that would be awesome.

We have always gone NCL, but I'm looking at what MSC prices include and thinking it's time to investigate. FWIW we hate Carnival and think Holland America works just fine, although it's never our first choice, we'll do it for the right price.

I appreciate any thoughts, and yes, I have been reading the reviews voraciously.

Can I also close by saying the posters on this board seem to be much nicer, kinder, patient and more polite than those on NCL board, on average. Very restful to be over here.

Thank you!

I️ just got an inside with the drinks on us package for under $1,400 plus tips in January. Another $18 for a classic drink or $26 per day for deluxe drink package. I️ doubt we will up grade, looks like the drinks on us package will be fine. I️ doesn’t get much cheaper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am

Also, while I'm at it, we typically get a bare bones inside cabin. We usually buy a spa pass and I would like to buy a drink package. I am confused a little bit about how the various levels work. On the cruise we are interested in, which is June 9, I THINK a balcony with Aurea will do all of that - although I'm still not sure if the drink package that goes with Aurea includes frozen drinks. Or would we have to upgrade the drink package? Grand total for that idea would be $3164.

Or is it cheaper to get inside cabin + standalone deluxe drink package + standalone spa passes. I can't seem to get prices on the drink packages or spa packages from the website? If anyone can provide those for me so I can "do the math", that would be awesome.

At a grand total of $3,164 for your idea, you might wish to consider the YC insides. You wouldn't have the balcony, but you'd have access to the entire YC and the deluxe drink package (just about anything you want) and access to the minibar. You also have a spa pass included in that.

The downside is that YIN's aren't a secret anymore (YC insides) and they are getting tougher to find. They also might be slightly more money then the $3,164 you quoted, depending on which sailing you look at.

The spa passes are listed at $90 per person for the duration of a 7 day cruise. I keep reading other people say how good of a deal this is so I can only assume they'll be raising at some point. There are also some massages that come as a package with spa access that appear to be a pretty good deal.

Deluxe Drink package is listed at $385 per person, classic $329. The difference is largely alcohol's but there are a few drinks that are listed as specific to deluxe.

Keep in mind, the prices I'm quoting are as of today and based on my 6/23 sailing.

Hope this helps.