2019 Brides!!

On 8/1/2018 at 10:23 PM, seaturtle_808 said:

We looked into a seven day, and a lot of our family was concerned with cost and time off. So I think it really depends on your friends and family if they’re able to do a week. We settled on a five day because of the Royal Princess doing one out of LA. Our only option for a four day was an old Carnival ship, so that’s the only reason we didn’t do a shorter cruise. Be careful that sometimes shorter cruises aren’t on the nicest ships.

Seaturtle_808, when is your wedding? We are booked on the Royal Dec 9 (5 day cruise), and were considering getting married on board. 

The other option "proposed" is RCL Anthem of the Seas out of NY/NJ Dec 28. RCL seems to have nicer wedding packages, but I've never sailed RCL before, so that makes me nervous.

3 minutes ago, Disasterkitten said:

Seaturtle_808, when is your wedding? We are booked on the Royal Dec 9 (5 day cruise), and were considering getting married on board. 

The other option "proposed" is RCL Anthem of the Seas out of NY/NJ Dec 28. RCL seems to have nicer wedding packages, but I've never sailed RCL before, so that makes me nervous.

In 61 days! We are on the September 29th sailing of the Royal Princess. 

I've enjoyed all my interactions with my coordinator, Sarah, at Royal Ocean Events. We booked last summer and she's been very helpful this past year and quick with her responses. And I've asked for some not done before things, and after a few days she's responded to all of them that Princess was fine with it. 

I'll do a full review after the cruise, but if you're considering you'll want to check with them soon because they charge a fee if you do it within 60 days of the cruise if I remember correctly. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

👋 Hi all! I've been away for a bit. We wound up settling on a 10/10 wedding at Disney World instead of a cruise wedding, but are still going on a 7-day cruise for our honeymoon. The issues mentioned by some of you previously - namely, family not wanting to go on a cruise or not wanting to take so much time off work - are what dissuaded us from a cruise wedding in the end.

Hope you all have beautiful weddings!

Edited by h00tie23

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm getting married on the Carnival Victory at the end of November 2019. I am trying to finalize my guest bags. Any good ideas would be so helpful or if i'm doing too much ;). I am already adding advil, shout packs, hangover pills, sun block, make up remover, tic tacs, recipe card (guest to fill out), Welcome card. All items would be travel size and individually wrapped. I was thinking about adding anti-bacterial wipes. The "big ticket item" is going to be a towel that I might have printed for the event or as is. Just wondering if I am forgetting anything that could be useful. We are already having a bottle of wine in each room from the cruise line. Might order some water and add that but not decided yet. Your suggestions or even the places where you got your products would be great help. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, Antlove30Pipes11 said:

So I'm getting married on the Carnival Victory at the end of November 2019. I am trying to finalize my guest bags. Any good ideas would be so helpful or if i'm doing too much ;). I am already adding advil, shout packs, hangover pills, sun block, make up remover, tic tacs, recipe card (guest to fill out), Welcome card. All items would be travel size and individually wrapped. I was thinking about adding anti-bacterial wipes. The "big ticket item" is going to be a towel that I might have printed for the event or as is. Just wondering if I am forgetting anything that could be useful. We are already having a bottle of wine in each room from the cruise line. Might order some water and add that but not decided yet. Your suggestions or even the places where you got your products would be great help. Thanks in advance.

All good ideas! I know your wedding has passed but for all the future brides we had similar items in our welcome bags as well as pens/post it notes so that people could leave notes on doors, electrolytes, dramamine, and and downy wrinkle releaser. Our big ticket item was the bag they received everything in. It was a cloth drawstring bag with our wedding hashtag on it so they had a bag they could use onshore 🙂