Oasis-motion

This isn’t true. Oasis actually moves more than freedom class. Ask one of the captains. The design of the ship makes them less stable than freedom. With that said it isn’t going to move much unless there is bad weather. I’ve been on 10+ oasis class including a transatlantic and a similar amount on freedom class including 2 transatlantic cruises. Bigger isn’t always better.

If true, this is interesting to me. We barely felt anything on Allure, except a very gentle rocking overnight 2 nights, nothing like Jewel last year, where we struggled walking down the halls several nights, and the pools were like wave pools, going all over the decks. Never been on Freedom class, but Freedom out of SJ seems like an awesome option, and wanted to try that next.

We are looking at a bigger group get together (7 rooms) probably summer of 2020, and have one person (my sister in law) that tends to get sick, so has never done a cruise, and is a little leary of it. Due to this, I thought we needed to do Oasis class to ensure the least movement, but if this is correct, it might offer more options, and potentially lower rates. Are Freedom class the most stable, and safest bet when it comes to people not getting sick? Are there other classes (maybe even different lines) that would be better? I really want her to have a good time, since I am kind of pushing this, and realize nothing is guaranteed.

I believe the our resident Chief Engineer commented once that the ratio of length to beam has an effect on stability. Long, skinny ships (like Radiance class) tend to have more motion.

Agree, 30 years on Royal, all Classes and all weather and as use to cruise peak Hurricane Season every Yr. Sovereign/Majesty had roughest ride followed by Vision. Radiance lot of sway higher up I experienced only time mild Sea Sickness. At other end Voyager and Oasis/Allure smoothest. Though if winds and waves high enough you still feel some on every ship. OP don't worry, will be fine...

Agree, 30 years on Royal, all Classes and all weather and as use to cruise peak Hurricane Season every Yr. Sovereign/Majesty had roughest ride followed by Vision. Radiance lot of sway higher up I experienced only time mild Sea Sickness. At other end Voyager and Oasis/Allure smoothest. Though if winds and waves high enough you still feel some on every ship. OP don't worry, will be fine...
[emoji41][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If true, this is interesting to me. We barely felt anything on Allure, except a very gentle rocking overnight 2 nights, nothing like Jewel last year, where we struggled walking down the halls several nights, and the pools were like wave pools, going all over the decks. Never been on Freedom class, but Freedom out of SJ seems like an awesome option, and wanted to try that next.

We are looking at a bigger group get together (7 rooms) probably summer of 2020, and have one person (my sister in law) that tends to get sick, so has never done a cruise, and is a little leary of it. Due to this, I thought we needed to do Oasis class to ensure the least movement, but if this is correct, it might offer more options, and potentially lower rates. Are Freedom class the most stable, and safest bet when it comes to people not getting sick? Are there other classes (maybe even different lines) that would be better? I really want her to have a good time, since I am kind of pushing this, and realize nothing is guaranteed.

I really don’t know. I heard this and having a pretty good sample size of experience on both classes myself. I believe that to say oasis is smoother isn’t necessarily an accurate statement. In high winds oasisi is going to move because she is the tallest of the classes. In decent weather you will not feel freedom class or oasis much much if any. In fact you won’t feel the Jewel move much in good weather. But when rough, you are going to feel jewel much more than freedom or oasis class.

I can tell you I’ve seen water splashing out of the pool on oasis class too. I suspect the difference between freedom and oasis is marginal and in most cruises in the Caribbean you won’t feel much on either.

My point is to make a blanket statement that oasis is the smoother b/c it is the biggest my be misleading. Ship design does impact things.

Talk to anyone who did the Fall transatlantic on oasis in 2014. The boat can rock.

I would also mention, if you buy the full drink package with intentions of drinking a lot on all days of the cruise. Don't waste your money if you think you might get motion sickness. I bought mine and couldn't drink anything but ginger ale day 2 and 3. Not worth it!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app