Hi everyone! Question regarding 12/02 on NOS

I am sailing on 12/02/06 on the Navigator and now I'm scared. I haven't gotten a vacation in a long time and bf has never really gone anywhere like this, so I'm hoping for a great vacation. I have the 10th deck, balcony for the first time in my life (1610) and just can't wait. But I had read some stuff about the Maj jong people and how horrible they make a cruise. What can you tell me to avoid about them and if they are really gonna ruin everything for me? Thanks for the input....:)

But I had read some stuff about the Maj jong people and how horrible they make a cruise. What can you tell me to avoid about them and if they are really gonna ruin everything for me?
Maj jong people?! :confused: This is a new one on me! Never heard of 'em.

I know what your talking about... and forget it! I don't think any ONE group of people could possible ruin this cruise for you. You'll have a blast!!!

I disagree, any type of group (especially a large one) can possibly ruin a cruise. Gordon has a lot of cruising experience, I would take his word. If we were booked on that cruise we would reschedule.

###

Mah Jongg is an ancient Chinese game played with tiles. It is a very popular game here in the US -- mostly played by women. It can be a very serious game or just for fun. I certainly wouldn't be scared that they are going to ruin anything for you or anyone else on the cruise. The Mah Jongg League often sponsors group cruises where you will find some very serious players.

Judy

I am sailing on 12/02/06 on the Navigator and now I'm scared. I haven't gotten a vacation in a long time and bf has never really gone anywhere like this, so I'm hoping for a great vacation. I have the 10th deck, balcony for the first time in my life (1610) and just can't wait. But I had read some stuff about the Maj jong people and how horrible they make a cruise. What can you tell me to avoid about them and if they are really gonna ruin everything for me? Thanks for the input....:)

They are not on every cruise. They are just a group of people who play cards, tiles or something, from what I can ascertain. Stop worrying about it. You couldn't have picked a better ship, and things will be as good as they get on the NOS.:)

The Navigator is the best ship on the water as far as I'm concerned.:)

I disagree, any type of group (especially a large one) can possibly ruin a cruise. Gordon has a lot of cruising experience, I would take his word. If we were booked on that cruise we would reschedule.

###

Hey, at least it's not a Harley Cruise....;).....where they ride their bikes down the pier....can't imagine having to listen to that.

There is a thread on ,I think, page 4. It is a review on the 12/03/05 sailing of the Navigator. It states this group was on that sailing. It stated this group is rude. I think there are a few adjectives, but op was being nice about what they were writing. DH and I will also on the 12/02/06 sailing on the Navigator. I am also concerned. We just sailed on the NOS on 11/12/05 and had a great time. From what I read they do not have a good reputation. I guess we will find out. Judi :)

I am the one that wrote the review. The infamous Mah Jonng group was on the Navigator for the third straight year and are booked again for next year. You may or may not have dealings with them but they are not the nicest group of people to deal with. Last year I did not see much of them but this year they seemed to be everywhere. They not only are rude to each other but also to the other passengers and crew. I changed ships for my cruise next year so that I don't have to sail with them. As I stated in my review, even the staff was ready to see them go. I'm not telling anyone to change their cruise but I personally will not sell with them again.

I am the one that wrote the review. The infamous Mah Jonng group was on the Navigator for the third straight year and are booked again for next year. You may or may not have dealings with them but they are not the nicest group of people to deal with. Last year I did not see much of them but this year they seemed to be everywhere. They not only are rude to each other but also to the other passengers and crew. I changed ships for my cruise next year so that I don't have to sail with them. As I stated in my review, even the staff was ready to see them go. I'm not telling anyone to change their cruise but I personally will not sell with them again.

If I begged you to elaborate, would you?? Or should I say, can you??:D

we were on the Jewel december 2004 and we were with a group of Vikings complete with the head gear

they wore many different colourful interesting outfits and werre loud at tiems but never rude to anyone in their group or any of us not in their extremely large group

think was way over a 100 seemed like they were every where

we did have table mates who complained daily about the Vikings strange outfits but since they weren't really rowdy rude or anything it was fine with me

How can you find out when that group is sailing?

One way is to do a search on google, type in group cruises. Another is asking your TA.

We had a large group on our first RCI cruise, it was horrible. They took over everything and we were not allowed in certain areas and not allowed to join some of the events. I'm not sure why we even gave RCI another chance, but we did. Our second cruise with them was FANTASTIC!! After our cruise this year they have 2 strikes, you know the game, 3 strikes you're out :(

Have fun planning :D

###

What I am wondering is why a group of game players would be allowed to take over parts of the ship, thus not allowing "regular" passengers to use certain facilities. Is the money we pay for our cruise not as good as a group's money? In fact it seems to me that we would be paying more for our cruise than a group as they would most likely receive a discount. I'll be on this cruise next year and I hate to think I won't have access to parts of the ship.

i am one of the two travel agents that take the "viking group" (name means nothing) every year the first week in december. as stated we are everywhere having fun but totally harmless.

a few years ago (this year is our 9th annual) we finally were booked with the mah jongg group. (not by choice, we had just been lucky before). we were very upset but it turned out to be unfounded. yes, there are a lot of them and yes, they are loud and rude. but with 3800 people on the voyager class ships, you will run into a few like that anyways.

go and have a good time, they will not bother you. the ship does not change public areas for them like they do for the harley group. you will be fine. it is a great ship and so big you won't notice them.

Archived