Shore Excursions

charliem

We are doing a 14 day RT from San Diego on Radiance in 2006 .... looking for recommendations on the excursions booked through the ship. Or if anyone has used an independent agent, would be very interested in hearing about that.

At this point, not really looking into a helicopter excursion - have done one before in Hawaii - beautiful but would rather keep my feet on the ground this time.

Interested in doing some sort of excursion on the water that would take us to waterfalls, caves, coastline, etc.

Thanks!

I haven't done it yet, we have a week left until we cruise. But one of the excursions we booked was the Captain Zodiac Raft and Snorkel at Kealakekua Bay tour along the Kona coast. It's supposed to explore sea caves and lava tubes on the return trip. This was based on reading several good reviews here on the boards. They're not hard to find on the internet either...

Thanks jame g for the reply! I am going to check into Captain Zodiac - and if you would, please post after your cruise on this excursion and all others you take. Would love to hear from someone who has just returned.

By the way, which ship/cruise line and port are you sailing from? Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Hi Charliem,

happy new year to you.

We are on the Radiance Tour in may und found many people on the Roll Call for this cruise.

We have also been talking about different tours.

Here some recommendations:

http://www.alohakauaitours.com/ for Kauai

http://www.hawaiigreentours.com/

http://www.kimapa.com/hawaiitourstransportation/ fpr Oahu

But maybe you will take a look at the Roll Call Site for the Radiance. If your not on the may cruise, there is also a Roll Call for September.

Best wishes for 2006 from germany

We are on NCL's Pride of America. We board in Honolulu, and go to Kona and Hilo on Hawaii, Kahului on Maui for 2 days, and then Nawiliwili on Kauai. We're doing a one night post stay in Honolulu.

The other excursions we have planned right now are:

* The VNP and Rainbow falls in Hilo

* Captain Zodiac and a glass bottom boat in Kona

* Haleakala Crater & Maui Ocean Center, Drums of the Pacific Luau (on our own)

* Hollywood in Hawaii: Movies and Waterfalls land tour in Kauai.

We don't have anything planned in Honolulu yet. May do a quick Oahu Highlights tour to get us off the ship early and bide time until we can get our hotel room. Then after that just relax and walk around the city/Waikiki beach area.

I'll let folks know what I think of the excursions.

• 3 weeks later...

charliem -

The Captain Zodiac tour was wonderful! It was a lot of fun, a great way to spend a morning or afternoon. No waterfalls, but lots of beautiful coastline to see, sea caves and lava tubes, great snorkeling. We saw a mother whale and her calf. We even "raced" another raft from their competion briefly. Bring a waterproof camera, both for the coastline scenery and the snorkeling.

I recommend this for anyone who enjoys being out on the water. Your snorkeling experience doesn't matter, you can enjoy it regardless. They have all the equipment, including inflatable vests and kick boards for beginners, but bring your own equipment if you have it.

Archived