Medical Emergency had to cancel cruise

Hi All,

Just have to share that we were scheduled to board the Navigator of the Seas on Friday the 13th (tell you anything) and got as far as Miami and ended up with a medical emergency. We had booked two days at the Holiday Inn and we were getting our soda and wine when we got a callback from my husbands Dr. telling us to get to the Bascom Palmer Eye Hospital as soon as possible.

Well to make a very long story short, we went to the hospital and we were told there would be no cruise on Friday. Okay we were fine as long as they took care of our emergency. Well we couldn't have asked for better medical treatment and they coordinated with my husbands eye Dr. at home, so we were able to leave within the time we had at Holiday Inn. He is still being treated for his eye problem here at home but the story doesn't end there. It will be a long rehab but we will be positive about the outcome.

The part I want to share with you all is how wonderful my travel agent and Royal Caribbean International have been throughout this whole ordeal. Royal was excellent and refunded our taxes and port fees immediately and worked with our travel agent on making out the needed documents to refund us the full amount of our cruise. I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I am with our travel agent and the RCCL. Even though this was a horrible scary moment in our lives our travel agent and RCCL were so so helpful. I can't thank them enough. I look forward to traveling with RCCL soon and hope to be on these boards soon.

I know we aren't supposed to mention the travel agent but at least I can give you her name Lori and she is an angel.

Sharon I