Quick Freedom review, 4/14/18 sailing

Just a quick review as we sit at the Westin watching the rain clear...

Embarkation- Quick and painless, we were onboard within 15 minutes of arriving at the pier

Dining- We did the ultimate dining package, which was a first for us. We loved Chops and Sabor, Giovanni’s not so much. The staff at both Chops and Sabor were outstanding.

Drink package- let’s just say we got our money’s worth. Never a long wait for drinks, lots of bar servers by the pool. The bar staff in Viking Crown Lounge were excellent [emoji106]

Excursions- We did the Day trip to Nevis with lunch, Mofongo and Mojitos in San Juan, and Buccaneer Beach Break In St. Marten. All were excellent.

Crew- Friendly, very helpful and always available.

Ship condition and cabin- We were in a GS on deck 10. Great cabin and location. One elevator was not working the entire cruise, but otherwise the ship was in great shape.

Entertainment- We’ve cruised with Royal many times, so didn’t go to all the shows. The ones we attended were great.

Concierge/Diamond Lounge- Packed every night. We ended up not utilizing either venue much due to the crowding in both spaces. We did receive our crystal block for 280 points. It showed up in our cabin mid cruise with a nice note from the loyalty ambassador.

Debarkation- relatively painless. We were off the ship a little after 8. Self assist were off by around 6:30. We have a late flight, so I booked a day pass at the Westin on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. I would highly recommend this if you have a late flight out. Full use of the pool and spa, excellent staff.

Any questions, please ask and I’ll try to answer (I did not keep any Compasses).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a quick review as we sit at the Westin watching the rain clear...

Embarkation- Quick and painless, we were onboard within 15 minutes of arriving at the pier

Dining- We did the ultimate dining package, which was a first for us. We loved Chops and Sabor, Giovanni’s not so much. The staff at both Chops and Sabor were outstanding.

Drink package- let’s just say we got our money’s worth. Never a long wait for drinks, lots of bar servers by the pool. The bar staff in Viking Crown Lounge were excellent [emoji106]

Excursions- We did the Day trip to Nevis with lunch, Mofongo and Mojitos in San Juan, and Buccaneer Beach Break In St. Marten. All were excellent.

Crew- Friendly, very helpful and always available.

Ship condition and cabin- We were in a GS on deck 10. Great cabin and location. One elevator was not working the entire cruise, but otherwise the ship was in great shape.

Entertainment- We’ve cruised with Royal many times, so didn’t go to all the shows. The ones we attended were great.

Concierge/Diamond Lounge- Packed every night. We ended up not utilizing either venue much due to the crowding in both spaces. We did receive our crystal block for 280 points. It showed up in our cabin mid cruise with a nice note from the loyalty ambassador.

Debarkation- relatively painless. We were off the ship a little after 8. Self assist were off by around 6:30. We have a late flight, so I booked a day pass at the Westin on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. I would highly recommend this if you have a late flight out. Full use of the pool and spa, excellent staff.

Any questions, please ask and I’ll try to answer (I did not keep any Compasses).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a quick few thoughts as I was on this cruise with several others as well.

Embarkation was a breeze.

Bar staff excellent and waits for drinks minimal and always walking Around the pool deck.

We ate at the the specialty restaurants as well but our experience was that Gios was by far the best so we went there twice. Same for our cruise mates.

Stopped in the cramped CL once just to ask Gisleni something, but never returned as the DL is far better. As far as the DL, we had zero issues with crowding actually. Stopped in about 7 each evening and always several spaces available. Stayed until dinner some nights and left.

Alex was Great.

Shows were good/ the ones we attended.

Drew is a great cruise director and we were glad to have him as we’ve been on his ships several times in the past.

We are on the FOS on 5/19. We have booked the Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch. You said it was excellent. Can you tell us more about it?

Glad you had a great cruise.

Yes, we felt it was worth the cost. We had visited St. Kitts last year and done the sail and rail excursion (also excellent), so wanted to head over to Nevis. You’re brought over on a chartered boat so no worries about the ferry. After you arrive at the dock in Nevis you Board a small bus for a tour of the downtown area with some stops for photos as well as a stop at the natural mineral baths. The last stop is Pinney’s Beach where you have lunch at Lime’s beach restaurant. I had jerk chicken which was excellent. Lime’s is right next to the Sunshine Cafe if you want to try the infamous Killer Bee. You have a little over an hour on the beach before you head back to the dock for your boat trip back. You get back to St. Kitts with time to do shopping if you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums