Aurea Luggage

tjlj

We sailed Area level in March and dropped our bags off with the porters in front of the terminal, then were ushered to a priority check in line once we got inside. It was extremely quick with no wait, but we were there quite early (around 1115) and the lines looked very short everywhere at that point.

We did have to wait until about 5pm before our bags showed up. It didn't seem like they were prioritized since about half the cabins had bags outside by the time we got ours. I'm not 100% sure we dropped them in the right place, but I didn't see any signs for "Aurea" or "priority" bag drop. It wasn't a big deal for us since we plan around not having bags for the first day, but I have to say that it was probably the longest we've had to wait for bags on our last 6 or 7 cruises. (on Disney, NCL and MSC). We loved the perks of Aurea level overall, but priority bag delivery wasn't one of them for us.

I read somewhere that aurea had priority luggage and boarding?

MSC does not mention “priority luggage” in the describtion of Aurea Experience on their website. “Priority Boarding” is part of Aurea experience.

On the MSC app under your Experience it tells you what is included which includes " Priority boarding and Luggage" on Embarkation. I have read in the brochure that it applies to their Home ports ! If I have time later will try to track it down.

As per their website:

Aurea Free Massages, All-Inclusive Drinks Premium stateroom: Suite and Balcony

• Priority boarding
  • All-inclusive unlimted drinks* including liquers, cocktails, beer, wine, soft drinks, coffee
  • My Choice Dining**
  • Spa package with Vitamin Bar cocktail, two massages per stateroom from the spa menu (up to 1 hour)***, tanning booth, private wellness consultation.
  • Unlimited access to MSC Aurea Spa Thermal Area (adults only)
  • Private Sundeck

*Depending on cruise destination, the drinks package may be either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package or All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package.

**On most ships, dinner in a reserved area of the restaurant with freely selectable My Choice Dining times. Reservation recommended. On MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview and MSC Bellissima, guests can enjoy the My Choice Dining with freely selectable time and PRIORITY ACCESS to complimentary restaurants.

Ugh.....just found this on a different page on their website:

SERVICES Priority boarding & luggage service (only on embarkation day)

Very misleading.

Edited by champagne123

C123 ... That is also shown on the UK online brochure for 2018/19 on page 261 along with the benefits of each Experience.

Strange thing is at the top Left of the page it says, for Seaside, Meravglia and Seaview contact your travel agents or MSC.Co.UK !!!!!! you could not make it up.

As per their website:

Aurea Free Massages, All-Inclusive Drinks Premium stateroom: Suite and Balcony

• Priority boarding
  • All-inclusive unlimted drinks* including liquers, cocktails, beer, wine, soft drinks, coffee
  • My Choice Dining**
  • Spa package with Vitamin Bar cocktail, two massages per stateroom from the spa menu (up to 1 hour)***, tanning booth, private wellness consultation.
  • Unlimited access to MSC Aurea Spa Thermal Area (adults only)
  • Private Sundeck

*Depending on cruise destination, the drinks package may be either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package or All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package.

**On most ships, dinner in a reserved area of the restaurant with freely selectable My Choice Dining times. Reservation recommended. On MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview and MSC Bellissima, guests can enjoy the My Choice Dining with freely selectable time and PRIORITY ACCESS to complimentary restaurants.

Ugh.....just found this on a different page on their website:

SERVICES Priority boarding & luggage service (only on embarkation day)

Very misleading.

What is the private sundeck - Any Pictures Please