Going from Refundable to Non-Refundable fare

We booked a refundable fare. I saw somewhere that you can change from refundable to non-refundable, is that true? If so, how far in advance do you have to do that? If we upgrade would be considered as cancelling a cruise and rebooking or can we do that even with a non-refundable fare? Thank you!

We booked a refundable fare. I saw somewhere that you can change from refundable to non-refundable, is that true? If so, how far in advance do you have to do that? If we upgrade would be considered as cancelling a cruise and rebooking or can we do that even with a non-refundable fare? Thank you!

Yes, it's true, and the non-refundable rate has the same upgrade and price drop rules.

do you know how long you have to change from refundable to non-refundable? Thanks!

Until final payment date, however you might not find a big price difference between the two as it gets close to final payment date.

thanks so much! I'd love to go to non-refundable, but can't chance it just yet!

You're welcome. We don't do non-refundable either, ubless we are booking fairly close to final payment date.

The only reason we'd cancel is if my husband can't get the time off. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as his boss just telling him yes or no. It depends on what's going on in our city and other factors that are out of our control. I've already told him that i'm fine with going without him, but he wasn't as open to that plan! :cool::p