Hotel Stay in Dubai

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Pearl Creek Hotel in Dubai in April 2018 prior to a RC cruise. There were many negative comment for the Best Western Plus in Dubai and I almost cancelled my booking. However, I did not find any of those comment to be true during my stay, notwithstanding they could have been true. The personal at the front desk upon checking were extremely professional and friendly. There was one customer ahead of me and while waiting a member of management brought both of us a free glass of juice. I had a room on the front overlooking the water and street. The street noise inside the room was minimal and was no distraction. The view was nice. Guest in the hallway were no more louder than anywhere else. The room was very clean and I was there for 2 nights and the room attendant would have changed the sheets the 2nd night if I hadn’t said they were okay. I didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on that. The location is excellent as there are allot of eating places, shopping and supermarkets available. The WiFi was free and good in the hotel, however, it did not allow me to use WiFi calling or FaceTime. FaceTime would connect and then drop. I did not find a major mall like in the US in this area, notwithstanding there could have been one, but I have been to other areas on previous visits to Dubai where they were available. The lobby of the hotel is small compared to other major hotels but i didn’t find this an issue. There were 2 free bottles of water in the room and replaced free each day. Everyone I dealt with spoke English okay. The price of this hotel was really reasonable and I would stay here again on any future visits. I found it is a good hotel to stay at prior to a cruise. The taxi from the airport to this hotel was just under 50 AED and the driver took the same route at 11:00 PM as my maps.me app had routed. The cost of the taxi from this hotel to cruise ship Terminal 2 was 27 AED.

Thanks for the review.

We stopped at the Arabian Courtyard and the Marriott Marquis pre cruise when we were there and both fabulous for different reasons.

I sure hope Royal return again to Dubai for regular sailings again at some point :(