Review-Pride 4/15

newadventure13

First port of call was Grand Turk, we arrived an hour late so we departed an hour late. The line to debark was in our hallway so we waited until the crowd died down. We went left and headed past margaritaville. I believe we stopped at the shark reef, my friend and I went here the year before. 2 loungers and unberella for $15. They had wifi and a bar. I didn't connect to the wifi but did the year before and was able to call on FB messenger. I was not crowded at all.

Next port was Princess Cay. We waited until you didn't need a tender # to leave. It was a quick ride over. We didn't stay long. It was crowded and my kids didn't want to wait for the BBQ. We forgot our water shoes on the ship but I swam over the rocks. The lido was pretty empty when we got back and we enjoyed the pool.

The last port was Freeport. I had booked an excursion with the ship for a Christmas gift to the kids. It was a snorkel and dolphin encounter and was excellent. There is not much time in this port and our van was running late and still had to head back to get another group.

Last day it was chilly again, the kids wanted to go to the pool and hot tub. I was wrapped in sweatshirts and towels. This night we stayed up on the lido and watched both the dive in movies and ate. They left the roof open so it was quite chilly. We had sweatshirts, blankets, and I went and got my slippers. I did get my son a slice of cheesecake from the coffee shop, it was huge and delicious and only 2.59!

I chose to put out our bags the night before since there was no way I could get the stuff off myself with 3 kids.

The next morning there was no water, not sure if this is normal or not. We used bottle water to brush our teeth and headed to the lido. They said we arrived early and there was an extra custom agent, but we didn't get off the ship until 11:30

We experienced the same issue of long wait times for drinks in the MDR, not just on Carnival but RCCL as well. It seems to be a trend, you paid for all these drinks but they make it difficult for you to get a refill. What we did is we would get a drink before getting into the MDR and then order a drink halfway through, this way we got 2 drinks over the course of the meal (which is usually about 1.5 hours, if not longer) versus just 1 drink. They should really fix this issue.

We experienced the same issue of long wait times for drinks in the MDR, not just on Carnival but RCCL as well. It seems to be a trend, you paid for all these drinks but they make it difficult for you to get a refill. What we did is we would get a drink before getting into the MDR and then order a drink halfway through, this way we got 2 drinks over the course of the meal (which is usually about 1.5 hours, if not longer) versus just 1 drink. They should really fix this issue.

Yes, we did this as well. Seems due to cut backs and then people get upset with staff and it's not their fault.

Final thoughts:

I really enjoyed this itinerary and ship and would absolutely do it again!

We did experience a lot of traffic both ways but it was spring break week. I lived in MD for 5 years and this was the longest there and back driving I have sat in traffic. Although it was spring break and a lot of families on board it never felt as though the pool or lido was overly crowded.

This is the 1st ship I have been on where I found the bed uncomfortable. The TV was a tube one and if I hadn't mentioned it Cartoon Network and I believe bomarage played with kids shows. I think there was also a news channel and a movie channel.

My kids had no interest in the kids club. I asked them a few times and they said no.

There where pool attendants, I don't think they where life guards but they did keep a watchful eye on the pool. I did see several children under the age of 2 obviously not potty trained (diaper let on loungers) in the pool

The crew was always cleaning and there where several hand washing stations around the lido, which I think is great. Remember to was your hands regularly, especially before you eat! Norovirus can not be killed with hand sanitizer, you need soap and water! At least 3 adult women left the restroom at times I was in there without washing their hands. The crew can only clean so much.

I apologize for spelling/grammar issues, I used my phone to write this :D