Carry a bottle of water?

duncanmaria

We are sailing on the Majesty on 1/14. DW has to have a drink (not alcohol) in hand at all times. Would we meet any resistance while boarding the ship if she were carrying an open bottle of Aquafina throughout the boarding process? Would it get inspected? Confiscated?

I had 2 open bottles of water in my pocketbook and was not questioned at all. The bottles also came in handy on board all week; just refilled with tap water and kept in the fridge to have cold water in the cabin.

We are sailing on the Majesty on 1/14. DW has to have a drink (not alcohol) in hand at all times. Would we meet any resistance while boarding the ship if she were carrying an open bottle of Aquafina throughout the boarding process? Would it get inspected? Confiscated?

I always carry bottled water in my purse...no problem;)

Enjoy your cruise:)

We were fine with the water and also soda, they would just sort of slosh it around in the bottle a little if it had been opened.... I don't know if alcohol sloshes differently or not ;)

One day, after DH had been terribly ill the day before, we had made some lime Gatorade in one of the water bottles since it was the only container we had to mix it. When we came back they asked us if they could smell it, so she took the lid off and smelt the lid and the container and then allowed us to carry it onboard. I'm guessing they thought it might have been a wine cooler or something.

For the most part they never even paid any attention to our water bottles (we always had 3-4 and they all always seemed to have some left). I'm sure if we had wanted to we could have put some alcohol in them without problems... especially the ports that had the Xray machines, they didn't even open the bag to look at anything, just zipped it through.

Archived