Anytime dining waitlisted on Vista June 2

licram

I booked my cruise 9 months in advance and asked for early dining. When I checked my cruise details to my surprise they had given us YTD...waitlisted for early...I was MAD! SAILING NEXT WEEK AND CAN'T GET EARLY DINING...Grrrr....Guess I will have to send the one and only Platinum member in our group to get this changed! Apparently they have first choice.

I booked my cruise 9 months in advance and asked for early dining. When I checked my cruise details to my surprise they had given us YTD...waitlisted for early...I was MAD! SAILING NEXT WEEK AND CAN'T GET EARLY DINING...Grrrr....Guess I will have to send the one and only Platinum member in our group to get this changed! Apparently they have first choice.

Just curious - why is this a big deal? Can't you just go to the dining room at 6 pm as if you had early? If you want the same wait staff each night, simply request them.

Yes, Platinum has preferred dining selection - but not guaranteed like Diamond. But in theory, only their room is entitled to it- just because you are sailing with them wouldn't mean that you would get it.

We are Platinum and while we do YTD for the convenience, we will often request the same wait staff once we find a great group.

For what it is worth, we just booked our Dream cruise for August (3 mos prior to sail date). The wife and I so strongly prefer YTD, but are wait-listed. We are confirmed for Late Dining, and a wait-list exists for Early as well. Hoping for the best, and will try dropping in to see the MD upon embarkation. In everyone's experience, do the wait-lists ever change prior to sail date, or do we have to just wait until then?

We booked last minute and got late dining and waitlisted for YTD. About a week before the cruise I received an email that they changed it to YTD. Keep checking thought because at one point I was waitlisted in my cruise manager and then it disappeared and I had to do it again. My mom is also diamond and they waitlisted her

In everyone's experience, do the wait-lists ever change prior to sail date, or do we have to just wait until then?

We were waitlisted in February for YTD. We sail in July and got an email last month that our dining was confirmed.