Help with RC website Booking and RC tactics

So I was looking at my December 2 booking for the Allure and wanted my father to join us. He wants a junior suite minimum.

However, when you place just 2 people in the cabin it shows all the suites are "Sold Out". This is total BS because if you increase the occupancy level magically JS show up. So essentially what the RC website is trying to do (I get it from a business aspect but really bad CS) is get the occupancy level up for the sailing.

Has anyone had any luck calling RC in this situation and they can book it over the phone? It's hard to even compare costs when RC plays these games.

Thanks

Also, is there anywhere you can go to actually see what rooms are available and not rely on what RCs website claims is available?

Trick I learned from here on cruise critic....do a mock booking on the Royal Caribbean UK site. Their site shows all available staterooms.

I assume they have a minimum price they want for the JS. Have you tried calling and offered to pay for 3 people and only have 2 sail?

I called for my father. Its all based on inventory and they have call their inventory department to see if they would release one. They will call me back hopefully shortly with an answer. The Rep seems to think that in this case they would release one. We shall see.

They should be willing to do it. I just ran into a similar issue. I am traveling alone and the Junior Suite Guarantee would only show up for two or more people and not just one person. Called them up and they took care of it while I waited on hold.

So I was looking at my December 2 booking for the Allure and wanted my father to join us. He wants a junior suite minimum.

However, when you place just 2 people in the cabin it shows all the suites are "Sold Out". This is total BS because if you increase the occupancy level magically JS show up. So essentially what the RC website is trying to do (I get it from a business aspect but really bad CS) is get the occupancy level up for the sailing.

Has anyone had any luck calling RC in this situation and they can book it over the phone? It's hard to even compare costs when RC plays these games.

Thanks

They started this policy almost a year ago. Certain ships and sail dates they restrict the occupancy levels of cabins and enforce the higher occupancy loads.

If they don’t release a cabin and you really want it then book it for 3 people and have 2 of them them be a no show at the pier. You would get back port fees and taxes for the 2 no shows.

They started this policy almost a year ago. Certain ships and sail dates they restrict the occupancy levels of cabins and enforce the higher occupancy loads.

If they don’t release a cabin and you really want it then book it for 3 people and have 2 of them them be a no show at the pier. You would get back port fees and taxes for the 2 no shows.

Agree. My kids/Grands needed Minimum 4 to a cabin, only had 3 last year. Then in my situation. Have 9 scheduled cruises sailing by myself. 2 of them and 2 I took Dec2017 I had to have MINIMUM 2 passengers. So book my daughter with me, she is a no show at sailing with me sailing alone. I get her port tax back after... I always check one and two passengers, never know which is cheaper and what cabins available...