Havana Cabins

jewel825

My husband and I were in that room during the 5/15/2018 sailing and they must have fixed it because the lock worked and it was fine and no creaking. We also had cigarette butts and ashes on our patio and deck also. The crew thought it was thrown over from the cabins above. It was disgusting.

Do you mean 5/15/17? We were on board last week - 4/29/18.

We were in 5212 for the week of 4-21-18 and heard the balcony door from 5216 a couple of nights also! The creaking was annoying!

I would stay in the Havana area again! We actually did a b2b and were in 5222 (interior) for the 4-15-18 sailing!

We were in 5212 for the week of 4-21-18 and heard the balcony door from 5216 a couple of nights also! The creaking was annoying!

I would stay in the Havana area again! We actually did a b2b and were in 5222 (interior) for the 4-15-18 sailing!

Our neighbors in 5212 told me on our last day that they thought we had been left in Cozumel. They didn't see how anyone could sleep in our cabin with the creaking they were hearing in their cabin coming from 5216.

Here's a video I shot on our last night, which wasn't as bad as the night before:

(embedded version wasn't working?)

We were in Havana extended balcony 6465 a couple of weeks ago. The room was wonderful, and so was the Havana area. The balcony is larger than usual, with 3 chairs and a small table. However it is very sunny and hot. The only time of shade was the last morning when we were sailing NE. We had good shade. I cannot take a lot of hot sun.

On some nights about 10 to 12 pm we could hear music/vibrations from the band below. It was not enough to interfere with my sleep. We really enjoyed this room and the Havana area. It was worth the extra money, must reserve early.

We were in Havana extended balcony 6465 a couple of weeks ago. The room was wonderful, and so was the Havana area. The balcony is larger than usual, with 3 chairs and a small table. However it is very sunny and hot. The only time of shade was the last morning when we were sailing NE. We had good shade. I cannot take a lot of hot sun.

On some nights about 10 to 12 pm we could hear music/vibrations from the band below. It was not enough to interfere with my sleep. We really enjoyed this room and the Havana area. It was worth the extra money, must reserve early.

Hey, that's one of our rooms! So excited to hear that you loved it and it was worth the extra money!

you can exit & lock from the patio,,theres a switch hidden behind the curtain that locks the patio door auto..

Just as a point of clarification, yes, you can exit your room through the patio door to go to the pool area, but you can’t lock it behind you. If you want your room locked while you are in the pool area, you have to exit the room out the regular cabin door, go down the hallway, and then walk through the Havana bar.

We are currently in 5239 on the Horizon which is the last room at the end of the hallway, but the first one near the pool. Not being able to lock the patio door from the outside is a pain, and while I don’t care on this cruise because we are not using the pool (we were upsold from an interior to the cabana for a small amount), I would not bother to book a cabana for a Caribbean cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, can someone clarify for me...is this post talking about 5216 on the Horizon or Vista? My friend is booked for that room on the Horizon in July.

We were in Havana extended balcony 6465 a couple of weeks ago. The room was wonderful, and so was the Havana area. The balcony is larger than usual, with 3 chairs and a small table. However it is very sunny and hot. The only time of shade was the last morning when we were sailing NE..

Good to know since my husband spends a lot of time on the balcony when we cruise. Sometimes, he falls asleep out there.