So,e questions about tickets and embarkation

AmoMondo

So it’s been 2 years since and have just been reading through my tickets for my sailing next Saturday.

First thing I noticed is I can’t see my Voyagers Card number any where. My luggage labels don’t have that I’m Black on them. Is this a change or have they forgot to,put this on? (I’m positive your club status was on your tickets previously).

Do they still have the preferential luggage drop queue and priority boarding for Black members at Venice? I still have my black card, so I can show that, since there is nothing on my paperwork to indicate I am.

Second thing I noticed is the embarkation procedures. You used to get your photo taken at check in, in the terminal and given Hijra card, cleared security and boarded the ship. It’s saying on the tickets, that you get your photo taken on the ship now and that your card will be in your cabin. Is this right?

Don’t want to phone the U.K. office tomorrow to get my tickets fixed if this is how they do things now!

Thanks

Hi Mairi. In my experience, if your club level is not showing on both the first page 'Cruise Ticket' next to your name and on your luggage tags, it means that the ship won't be notified that you're Black Card. I always get them to reissue the tickets indicating our levels as I once spent the first evening queuing to see the cruise consultant because Guest Services wouldn't deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I recently found out that your membership expires if you don’t cruise in a certain timeframe - but that doesn’t seem applicable here.

From the website: “MSC Voyagers Club membership is valid for three years and subject to a minimum of one cruise every three years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership will expire. For example: if the last disembarkation date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. If the registration date is January 1, 2015 and no cruises are completed by January 1, 2018, the membership will expire. Should your membership expire, you must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Club again. A new Club identification number will be assigned. Check out now your membership expiry date in the MSC Voyagers Club online private area!”

Thanks Pluto_fan!

It’s all sorted ( I think). They confirmed my club number wasn’t showing on my booking and have now added it and re-issued the cruise confirmation. They have sent an email to the department that issues the tickets requesting they reissue them tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how much has changed since I was last onboard!