Barcelona to Dover

Anyone ever make the Barcelona to Dover trip? We're on the 5/30/06 cruise with Celebrity and I don't have a clue as to what to see in some of the ports! Any tips will be appreciated as far as tours, etc. I'll be traveling with an 11 year old - a seasoned traveler herself. I think I already regret my choice of cruises, but I fully intend to make the best of it.

...if you listed the port stops on your itinerary. We can imagine you'll have stops in Spain, Portugal and France, and perhaps even in the French Riviera to start, but which ports??! Of course, there will be the usual debate over whether you should take a looooooong day trip to Paris. ;)

You sound so reluctant about this trip--I guess you realize you are well within the "cancel without penalty" period? Or you could transfer your deposit to another Celebrity (or RCI, I think) booking. If you haven't done the Med cruise yet, that's certainly an option that might take you and your daughter to more familiar places. We took our (also well-traveled) kids on the Millennium's very attractive Barcelona-Venice trip in early June 2004. Not many kids that early in the season, as I guess you realize, but a fabulous trip in every way. We did the Baltics last summer, another fascinating line-up with the highlight being St. Petersburg. Of course, some of our very best travel experiences have been discovering the lesser known and unknown.... I am sure the trip you've booked will be delightful, and if you share your itinerary, folks who've made that trip before you will point you to some interesting options for exploring those ports.

Happy travels in 2006!

Archived