Weather on baltics cruise 28 May to 9 June 2018

Good day all.

Can anyone tell me what weather to expect on my Baltics and Northern Europe cruise on the Brilliance end May to 9 June 2018. we are from South Africa and just going into Autumn here. we cannot wait ... just a few more days to go :-)

We're on the same cruise. We're planning for an average of 70 DegF (21 Celsius) during the day. We're going to be prepared for anything from 60 DegF (15 Celsius) to 80 DegF (27 Celsius). We are also taking an umbrella. This is our first time to the Baltics so this is all just an educated guess.

You may be lucky to reach such high temperatures, but it would be amazing if it was that warm every day.

Take some layers, including a rainproof jacket and fleece combination. If you don't need them, that's great, but you could be in for a miserable time if you get a cold snap. It is still more spring than summer in May/June , so be prepared for the possibility of some cooler weather and enjoy yourself if you get a heat wave!

Thank You very much guys... we planned to take just summer clothing after we saw last weeks high temperatures... but i guess that was not the usual occurrance... we will make sure that we follow that advise...

Christo & Marina

We sailed this cruise a few years ago mid May and found we needed a light jacket in the daytime. It was about 15-18 degrees then. We found getting excited about the amazing long days. The joy of been on the top deck at 11pm at night and it’s still light really quite something.

If you can get up to watch the ship sail through the archipelago about 6am it’s absolutely breathtaking and we are not normally early risers but totally worth it!

Absolutely wonderful cruise!

wow...that sounds so amazing...we are touring Europe 2 weeks before..brussels...paris...venice..prague and amsterdam...then the cruise...its ONLY our 4th cruise...some people here have cruised over 50 times..o well.we cant wait

wow...that sounds so amazing...we are touring Europe 2 weeks before..brussels...paris...venice..prague and amsterdam...then the cruise...its ONLY our 4th cruise...some people here have cruised over 50 times..o well.we cant wait

This sounds like a trip of a lifetime! How amazing for you! I’ve been a tourist in all your destinations and lived in Paris for 8 years. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer for you if I can!

I’m on my 27th cruise a week today!

Alison

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's best to prepared for all kinds of weather. We did this cruise 2nd week of June last year, and we had tempertures that ranged from the cold low 50's to the high 70's (I believe it reached above 80 degrees in St Petersburg). We had rain one day, and sunny weather for most of it. We stopped in Iceland for a few days on the way over and that was for sure the coldest (and rainiest). We were far forward and with the wind we really couldnt use the balcony most days

• 1 month later...

How did you get on with the weather?

Just back from 7 days including Oslo and Hamburg. And guess what, we had a heat wave! Luckily I had packed enough for cold or hot weather, the jackets and knitwear have come back unworn! The locals told me how unusual it was, in Oslo they were sunbathing on the quays and jumping into the harbour to swim.

My daughter was in Edinburgh while we were away, and had some cold days there, she had to wear her coat.

Hope you were lucky with the weather and had a great time.