Carnival Fascination - leaves from what state?

beshears

We are thinking of doing the Carnival Fascination. I know it has different itineraries, and we want to stop at St. Lucia.

If you have done an itinerary with St. Lucia as one of the ports/islands, which state did you cruise from? I know some of the itineraries say they are leaving from San Juan. Since the state of PR(San Juan) is so far from "Missouri," I didn't know if PR(San Juan) was the only state we could fly to, to get on the ship?

She makes a loop between San Juan and other islands, to include Barbados. You can start the cruise from either Barbados or the US territory of Puerto Rico. St. Kitts is a bit father down the chain of islands so I am not sure what other ships if any sail there. You can go to the website, search St. Lucia as a port of call and see what if any ships are currently scheduled to call there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for ALL your replies.

Yes, I have checked, and I know RCCL has a couple that goes to St. Lucia, as well as a couple other ship lines that I'm not interested in cruising on. I know Carnival only has the Fascination. I know it is an older ship, but the "price" more than likely will be cheaper than RCCL.

No, I have never flown Jetblue, but have heard of them. I have used SWA for so long, that I'm almost afraid to try another airline. :) More than likely Jetblue probably charges for luggage, where SW does not. It is something to think of anyway. I did look at SWA prices, and if we did it close to the end of the year, the prices were good. Since this is only in the "thinking" mode, I didn't want to book the flight yet. :)

Thank you for ALL your replies.

Yes, I have checked, and I know RCCL has a couple that goes to St. Lucia, as well as a couple other ship lines that I'm not interested in cruising on. I know Carnival only has the Fascination. I know it is an older ship, but the "price" more than likely will be cheaper than RCCL.

No, I have never flown Jetblue, but have heard of them. I have used SWA for so long, that I'm almost afraid to try another airline. :) More than likely Jetblue probably charges for luggage, where SW does not. It is something to think of anyway. I did look at SWA prices, and if we did it close to the end of the year, the prices were good. Since this is only in the "thinking" mode, I didn't want to book the flight yet. :)

Southwest also flies to San Juan. If you wish to visit St. Kitts you might want to look at some of the 8 night cruises from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the Conquest does this itinerary, as well as perhaps the Sunshine. I believe both ships alternate between Eastern and Western Caribbean routes with occasional visits to Aruba and Curacao as well. I could suggest a great search engine for you, but mentioning other travel sites isn't allowed here.

Breeze is doing a 14-day from Port Canaveral that stops at St. Lucia and St. Kitts in November 2019. Also, I think the Pride from Baltimore does a 14-day that includes St. Lucia also in November 2019.

Beshears, Jet Blue does not fly from St. Louis, I'm not sure about Kansas City. Southwest usually has the lowest prices if you book as soon as the schedule is posted. Also the 2 free bags is a great perk. Right now the price from St. Louis to San Juan is $285 round trip. There are no direct flights from St. Louis to San Juan, I'm pretty sure you will not find a direct flight from Kansas City.

Thank you for these current postings to my question.:)

I would love to do a 14 day cruise, but with working, there is no way, so it has to be the 7.

As for SWA, yes that is the one I normally do, as I like the FREE baggage policy. I did see where Jet Blue flew from St. Louis also. We just don't have a date yet for next year, and I hate to book the flight too soon. I know the closer it is to the date we would be leaving, the more expensive it would be. I did see when looking at SWA, a good price, but I'm sure it is gone now.

Thank you for these current postings to my question.:)

I would love to do a 14 day cruise, but with working, there is no way, so it has to be the 7.

As for SWA, yes that is the one I normally do, as I like the FREE baggage policy. I did see where Jet Blue flew from St. Louis also. We just don't have a date yet for next year, and I hate to book the flight too soon. I know the closer it is to the date we would be leaving, the more expensive it would be. I did see when looking at SWA, a good price, but I'm sure it is gone now.

When exactly are you looking to go? This year or next?

Just asking because you said you saw a good price on SWA but they don't have pricing available past Nov 3 this year.

Bill