Formal nights??

Mack3nzi3

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but my husband and I just booked our first cruise on the Conquest this October as a belated honeymoon/first anniversary trip. Are there formal nights that we need to be aware of??

Thanks so much in advance!!

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but my husband and I just booked our first cruise on the Conquest this October as a belated honeymoon/first anniversary trip. Are there formal nights that we need to be aware of??

Yes there will be 2 if your cruise is at least 6 days.

That being said Carnival now calls formal night, elegant night.

You guys can get as dressed up as you like or go with Dockers/polos for men.Women can wear capris and or sundresses.

Bill

Happy Honeymoon!

This is Straight from the Carnival.com website:

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Yes there will be 2 if your cruise is at least 6 days.

That being said Carnival now calls formal night, elegant night.

You guys can get as dressed up as you like or go with Dockers/polos for men.Women can wear capris and or sundresses.

Bill

Most do not dress formally on Carnival's Elegant nights.

Enjoy! :)

I used to take a sport jacket but no longer do. I wear dress slacks with nice dress shirt (sometimes a tie), nice shoes. My bride, of 54 years, wears a nice dress. We've seen people wear their best t-shirts and flip flops on formal nights - we just wish they would enforce the MDR dress code for elegant nights. On other nights I wear Dockers and a golf shirt with nice shoes - no sneakers or flip flops.

There will be 2 but Carnival is far from formal.

Does anyone know what nights are usually the elegant/formal nights for a 7-day cruise? We have a group of 20 going and I'm trying to plan a night in the steakhouse for some of us, but I don't want to conflict with elegant nights. Thanks!

Does anyone know what nights are usually the elegant/formal nights for a 7-day cruise? We have a group of 20 going and I'm trying to plan a night in the steakhouse for some of us, but I don't want to conflict with elegant nights. Thanks!
What ship and date. Varies but usually always night 2 is always elegant night one

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app