Question for Disney Cruisers!

timemaker

Hi! I LOVE reading all of the info that you have to offer! We are going on our first cruise 02/26/06. Have you ever been in February? I am afraid that it will be too cold to swim on the ship and at CC and Nassau. Also, have you ever done the day at Atlantis at Nassau? I heard that you cannot use the pools there. Do you recommend that we do something else? We will be 2 couples and 2 boys (ages 8 &9). What do you think the boys would prefer to do at Nassau? ~ Do you wear shorts on the ship in February??:)

Hi! Welcome to your new addiction. :D You are going to have so much fun, you'll be booking your next one before you're done with this one.

My son and I always cruise in February (with our next cruise being the exception!) and the weather is just so perfect. Plenty warm for swimming and beachgoing, but not so hot that you're miserable. There was one time when we were at Castaway Cay when it was very overcast and drizzly, and that was the only time the water was cold. But that was the exception and not the rule. You'll be quite comfortable in shorts, don't worry. :)

Have a fabulous time!!

-gina-

Hi,

We have done the atlantis excursion before. The aquarium was excellant. The tour moves very quickly, however afterwards you are free to go back through at your own leisure as many times as you like, just keep your wrist bands on. It's true you cant use the pools there. There is some other hotel next by that people reserve a room for the day and that gives them pool priviledges at Atlantis. I dont remember the name, sorry.

The pirate museum at Nassau is very good, your boys may like it. It was $12 per adult last year. Allow about an hour to see it. It is a large purple building located behind the straw market. An easy 5 minute walk from the ship. The pirate who greets you is a real HOOT!!!

Sunshine glass boat is just so so. We wont do it again. we saw a few fish, but not really worth the trip in our opinion. The historic 2 hour city tour was excellant. Dont know if kids would like it, but we did stop at 2 forts. One was a guided tour, the other you just browse around yourself. Both are really old, but very interesting to see.

Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

Hey Timemaker...nice to meet you and hope to see you aboard.

In answer to your questions: I am a veteran cruiser, but first time Disney cruise. My 5 year old daughter will be with me and it is her 5th or 6th cruise, but first time Disney cruiser. She is a big Disney fan like myself. Of course she is my excuse to go to Disney World or Land over and over.

We are excited and can't wait. We are escaping during her school's Mardi Gras holidays. Yes, we live in New Orleans, were evacuees and are now back home dealing with all the recovery and insurance stuff. And yes we are ok, but need a break every once in awhile.

We're from LA also. We live in Plattenville - around 50 miles west of New Orleans. I wonder if they'll be plenty from LA since there won't be much of Mardi Gras in NO. (Or will they?) Are you and your daughter flying to Orlando? We're going with another couple from our area. We will have 8 and 9 year old boys. Hope to meet you! You deserve a break! I hope ya'll have a great time. I have 2 nieces and several cousins that had to evacuate also. I'm glad to know you're back home. Take Care.

Great to meet you and can't wait to meet in person. I think the kids will have fun together in their program. We are flying into Orlando day before and staying in Cape Canaveral. Will head to pier early on Sunday to get onboard ASAP. How about you guys?

Is Plattenville down there by Napoleonville?

Hey, yes I know one person from Napoleonville from my one year at Nicholls before transferring to another college. Gina V...... something. She would be in her early 40s now. Have no idea where she ended up in life.

I was going to fly Southwest because that is my favorite for cheap flights, but at the time their flights to Orlando were too expensive so going on AirTran for first time. Last week Southwest came up with great rates around $50 each way on DING and I wish I would've waited. Oh well, still got a good deal on AirTran.

Are you guys going to eat at Palo? I made reservations for last night after researching on this site which night was best to skip main dining room rotation.

Vitale - She graduated from high school with my sister. She now lives in Fort Washington, PA. - She married a guy from Italy I think. Such a small world! The other couple that we are going with is making reservations at Palo's for us. I'm not sure what night we are going. Are there any other tips about the cruise that we should know. This is our first time also!

Yes, that was her. Wow.

Here's my advice.

Anyway the last night of the cruise is supposed to be the night for Palo because you repeat the restaurant rotation that night.

If you have more than 3-4 people, you should do a limo transfer from the airport to Cape Canaveral.

Make your spa reservations now online or you may not get the ones you want. You can buy day pass to enjoy the "rainforest" relaxing room. I think that is what it is called.

That's all for now.

Archived