How does getting a VIFP account work?

I've been all over the Carnival website and can't seem to find an answer.

We took our first Carnival cruise on 4/14. Because I booked it and did the checkin for our family, I somehow got a VIFP number. Before we left I asked Carnival if I had to create an account for each family member to get a VIFP number and was told no they would get one after the first cruise. Does that actually happen? I can't seem to find any numbers for my husband and children since our cruise.

Just wondering if I have to actually create an account for everyone individually and then go back and get the credit for the first cruise. Or if it will just appear in a few weeks.

Thanks for your help!

I'd recommend you try and dig up their account.

Everyone is assigned a VIFP # when they cruise.

It's best for you to dig up their old # then attach it to their future sailing under the cruise manager. It would save a lot of headaches.

I think there's a way you can look up VIFP # if you know certain details like birthdates etc.

For adults: begin a fake booking. When it asks about discounts ("Tell Us About Youself"), one of the options is for VIFP andd has a lookup function. However, that will not work for kids so you will most likely need to email Carnival to ask for the kids numbers if you really want them. IMHO, there isn't much point in doing that prior to booking another cruise, and Carnival or your TA will look them up for you when booking. Then they will be on the docs, and you can save a copy forever.

I'm sure the VIFP numbers do exist, though you may not get anything to indicate so... especially for the kids since they shouldn't be bombarded with offers and such. In the worst case, if they did not get created, Carnival can always go back and add the prior cruises. We have twins and one of the kids VIFP numbers gets deleted all the time (their system thinking it's a duplicate... though I think it's solved now). Carnival has always been able to go back and add all the cruises to provide them with the correct status.