Weather?

grammyof14

Zeta, I think it's called.

The earth is warming up; we have to expect more and more storms, over longer periods of the year - and ever more vicious storms too. Although it's probably now far too late in the year, and the ocean is too cool, for this one to develop into anything major.

Just heard another storm in the Atlantic, anyone heard of it? Can't believe another tropical storm this time of year. Not acquainted with the weather there, but this has to be awfully late.

Its not late, just really early for next year. Besides, I don't think mother nature has a calendar. :)

Really interesting piece of information I found on NOAA's website. It's a histogram of number of storms from the 1800's thru last year (they update it at the end of every year). If your into numerical progression cycles and historical data, the chart is very interesting when you start breaking it down.

NOAA Historical Number of Storms in Hurricane Season Chart

for the full historical data:

NOAA Past Year Profile of Hurricane Season

Really interesting piece of information I found on NOAA's website. It's a histogram of number of storms from the 1800's thru last year (they update it at the end of every year). If your into numerical progression cycles and historical data, the chart is very interesting when you start breaking it down.

NOAA Historical Number of Storms in Hurricane Season Chart

for the full historical data:

NOAA Past Year Profile of Hurricane Season

I don't need the NOAA web site to tell me what I already know. For two weeks prior to my cruise there will be no hurricanes. For two weeks after my cruise there will be no hurricanes. The week of my cruise there will be three hurricanes. :(

I don't need the NOAA web site to tell me what I already know. For two weeks prior to my cruise there will be no hurricanes. For two weeks after my cruise there will be no hurricanes. The week of my cruise there will be three hurricanes. :(

Cuizer2, please tell everyone when you are cruising so that we can all schedule our cruises for the non-hurricane weeks :D :D

Archived