I never realised.......Britannia

Just had my second cruise on Britannia which was great the same as last time and nothing has changed from two years ago. One thing surprised me though when in the centre lifts the doors opened at deck seven I think it was and engineers had opened the wall opposite the lifts and were working there. Behind the wall are carpeted stairs exactly the same as the lifts fore and aft. I assumed the stairs were non existent but there they were large as life:o

The brass neck of some people....in Headliners one evening a man sat in the audience and was openly smoking a vape! As a smoker of real cigarettes myself it didn't bother me but others around him were obviously annoyed but nobody said a word........

Great cruise so good that two days after getting home I booked again for next year:)

Just had my second cruise on Britannia which was great the same as last time and nothing has changed from two years ago. One thing surprised me though when in the centre lifts the doors opened at deck seven I think it was and engineers had opened the wall opposite the lifts and were working there. Behind the wall are carpeted stairs exactly the same as the lifts fore and aft. I assumed the stairs were non existent but there they were large as life:o

The brass neck of some people....in Headliners one evening a man sat in the audience and was openly smoking a vape! As a smoker of real cigarettes myself it didn't bother me but others around him were obviously annoyed but nobody said a word........

Great cruise so good that two days after getting home I booked again for next year:)

The stairs do exist but currently these are in a crew only area, like it's sisters Royal and Regal Princess, Britannia's centre stairs are due to be made accessible for passengers after its first refit. I am surprised that they are carpeted in a crew only area, maybe they are already being prepared for passenger use.

If it just means taking down a wall and cosmetic changes it would not need a refit. They could do it deck by deck with the stairs to each deck open as soon as the wall was removed. Otherwise why have carpeted crew stairs?

When we were in Britannia (or it could have been Royal Princess but the same) a couple of years ago we used the crew stairs for the muster drill. I seem to remember they were metal and very basic so I wouldn't have thought they could be changed easily and not just by putting carpet on.

If it was deck seven where you saw it, passenger stairs have always been there but not to go up and it is where they finished.

We are on Britannia again in 2 weeks, really looking forward to it and glad to hear you had a great time and it is still as good!

I will look out for the stairs.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

The stairs I saw were fully carpeted and looked like the rest of the stairs. There was another chap in the lift who also commented on it. To be honest the lack of centre stairs wasn't a problem to me as I just walked to another set and used them but there were many comments on it as there were last time I was on.

I knew that the crew stairs were going to be converted for full time passenger use but had assumed that it was being done at the refit. Great that they are getting on with it. I’m afraid I wouldn’t have kept silent if someone was vaping in the theatre. I would have reported them to a staff member and insisted that they deal with it. I find vaping as obnoxious as a real cigarettes with their comically large sickly smelling clouds.

The stairs I saw were fully carpeted and looked like the rest of the stairs. There was another chap in the lift who also commented on it. To be honest the lack of centre stairs wasn't a problem to me as I just walked to another set and used them but there were many comments on it as there were last time I was on.

I noticed the carpeted stairs too on the recent Transatlantic,also the walls around the area had been covered up,I guess to protect them,so I just assumed that they has started work on the staircase already.

I noticed the carpeted stairs too on the recent Transatlantic,also the walls around the area had been covered up,I guess to protect them,so I just assumed that they has started work on the staircase already.

I'm glad you noticed it as well which proves I wasn't seeing things after an evening in Brodie's ;)

I'm surprised no one spoke to the bloke using that e-cig. I thought you can only use them in the designated smoking areas?

You are quite correct. The same restrictions apply to e-cigarettes as normal cigarettes. Sadly, some people are just a law unto themselves and do whatever they want whenever they want, regardless of the impact on others. :mad: