Star Flyer Med Excursions

Cortesefam

We're planning to sail the Athens-Istanbul itinerary on May 27, 2006--our first time with Star Clippers and the Greek/Turkish islands.

We looked at Star Clippers excursion guide on their website, as well as lots of comments about various locations on the Europe boards here on Cruisecritic. Any experiences using Star Clippers excursions in Europe?

We arranged private tours last year in France and Italy during a Brilliance of the Seas cruise, but expect this cruise to be very different--definitely sailing for the "experience" versus the destinations, but still eager to see Ephesus and Pergamom, if doable from the Star Flyer.

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

From flyer last year we did the terrace houses and it was probably one of the best experiences we've had at a site and definitely the only group tour i've ever enjoyed. the guide was knowledgeable and easily understood, the small group (no more than 15) made it intimate and easy to hear everything.

My only tip is absolutely, definitely DO NOT buy anything at the exit..it is twice the price of the markets in Kusadasi and you hav eplenty of time to shop when the tour returns to the ship.

Not being a tpour person (as you may have gathered) I really cant make recommendations for any other ports.. the tours we did were OK but i enjoyed pottering around by ourselves far more!

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw your first message. My understanding is that the ship does not begin boarding until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, and is scheduled to debark in Istanbul around 8:00 a.m. on June 3.

We still haven't finalized our air travel arrangements--trying to decide whether to spend a day in Istanbul or return directly home.

Have you sailed on Star Clippers before?

THANKS

Bad news Cortesefam. Cancelled our booking. Decided we just didn't want to add a travel day to get back to Athens from Istanbul and we also realized that we weren't really keen on Istanbul anyway.

We are going on a Louis Cruise instead. 2 star line, nice itinerary and Athens to Athens leaving us time to spend on the islands on our own before flying back to Canada

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived