Horizon deck 8 IMAX noise?

maynovmom

I have seen a post about cabin noise and vibration on deck ten from the IMAX theater. I have cabin 8286 and am hopeful someone can tell me if this is a deck/area that is noisy. From the deck plan it’s so hard to tell what floors the IMAX affects. The cabin is slightly away from that big white space but since we usually aren’t up late at night I wonder if I should move while I can. We don’t sail for two years. I like our location other than that concern. Thanks!

You cannot hear anything outside the theater. I was on Horizon last week and they were showing Rampage with full LFE (low frequency effects) with plenty of helicopter shots and animals pounding the city. No noise outside. My suite was opposite one of the exit doors and not a sound was heard.

Inside you get the full IMAX experience. It is wonderful if they are showing something that is your cup of tea. Mornings tend to be science center films, evenings are first run theatrical.

People reported they could feel vibrations and hear the movie noise in their deck 10 cabins. That’s why I’m asking. I plan to use the IMAX but don’t want it to be heard in my cabin. That would ruin my cruise experience late at night. Thanks.

You cannot hear anything outside the theater. I was on Horizon last week and they were showing Rampage with full LFE (low frequency effects) with plenty of helicopter shots and animals pounding the city. No noise outside. My suite was opposite one of the exit doors and not a sound was heard.

Inside you get the full IMAX experience. It is wonderful if they are showing something that is your cup of tea. Mornings tend to be science center films, evenings are first run theatrical.

My brother and his wife just got off the Horizon. He is not on CC but sent these comments to me as a BTW:

"another thing I forgot to tell you....my room was 8269.. the entrance to the IMAX theater was on level 6 I believe...you know how the BASS sounds, shots fired, bombs going off etc in a movie...if you are in your bed during a movie...you can hear/feel the vibrations/sounds from the theater."

It appears his cabin was port side on deck 8, or above the front right side of theater.

a1eea3a56b190242516b4dfa9a1f4515.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since it’s two years out and lots of cabins still left I moved down to the 8400 area. I can’t wait to go to the IMAX but don’t want to chance being disturbed at night.

Thanks for the input.

I have seen a post about cabin noise and vibration on deck ten from the IMAX theater. I have cabin 8286 and am hopeful someone can tell me if this is a deck/area that is noisy. From the deck plan it’s so hard to tell what floors the IMAX affects. The cabin is slightly away from that big white space but since we usually aren’t up late at night I wonder if I should move while I can. We don’t sail for two years. I like our location other than that concern. Thanks!

I guess you will be up until late.