Luggage Tag Printing- Color or Black & White?

keychee

Does it matter if our luggage tag is printed in color to correspond with our floor/room assignment or will black and white suffice? I don't own a color printer but want to make sure I won't self sabotage our luggage arrive due to it not being printed in color.

TIA!

Black and white is fine. What's more important is that you "laminate" your printouts with clear packing tape. Also, using a laser printer is preferable to an inkjet since the latter is much more susceptible to smearing when wet.

Thanks everyone! I was planning on using our laser printer with clear packaging tape as lamination and using zip ties to secure to our luggage! I’m super excited with a few days left before sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does it matter if our luggage tag is printed in color to correspond with our floor/room assignment or will black and white suffice? I don't own a color printer but want to make sure I won't self sabotage our luggage arrive due to it not being printed in color.

TIA!

Doesn't matter!:D

TIA!

If you do not print them in color then you are not cool :cool:

Another smart idea would be to put one inside your luggage as well, in case it is misplaced or the tags fall off.

Yes! I keep a post-it note with my info as well as an expired DL in the front pouch of my suitcase any time I travel and it has saved my butt a few times.

Re the packing tape, I'm a huge fan of these instead:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVFA00/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice and secure, without having to mess around with the tape gun every time. :)

Never liked luggage tags. The plastic eventually wears out and if you leave the tag in too long, the ink imprints itself onto the plastic. Luggage tags are disposable. They're good for one trip and then they're useless. They're not an investment.

Never liked luggage tags. The plastic eventually wears out and if you leave the tag in too long, the ink imprints itself onto the plastic. Luggage tags are disposable. They're good for one trip and then they're useless. They're not an investment.

I've never had an issue with either and have used them for multiple trips and they are still going strong. I print the tags via laser printers vs inkjets so maybe that is a factor?