Villefrance

jsh

Yes, we are taking the train from Naples to Herculaneum and then on to Sorrento (it stops at Pompeii and Pompeii Scavi before Sorrento). As a previous poster mentioned, make sure to get off at Pompeii Scavi for the ruins of Pompeii, not Pompeii. We then plan to take the hydrofoil back to the ship from Sorrento but you can take the train as well. I believe the trip by train is 1 hour and 20 minutes or so. You do have to go from the train station back to the ship...I understand you can take a bus back (a bit far to walk).

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

...until our August 28, 2004 Splendour of the Seas

Here's what I have:

From Naples:

"Once you get to the Naples Garibaldi train station, you'll want to look for the signs to the CS train (Circumvesuviana-a commuter line to Herculaneum, Pompeii and Sorrento).

Herculaneum

"The Herculaneum (Ercolano) CS station is half way between Naples and Pompeii. You may visit it on the way to or from Pompeii...if you have time. Exit the staion (only one-way out) into the small parking lot. THe only street there (45degrees to your right) takes you directly to the Herculaneum entrance after a 6 minute downhill walk towards the Bay of Naples. Impossible to get lost or miss."

I have info. somewhere about which bus to take from the ship to the Naples train station...I'll post it when I find it!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Here's the website I found some info on...

www.vesuviana.com/faqen.htm

Incase that doesn't work, I found the info on Dock to Railway station...

"Tram number 1 or number 4 (UNICO Giranspoti ticket"

"Bus ALIBUS (Euros 2)"

"Bus number 35, 152, Sepsa, or CTP (UNICO Giranapoti ticket)"

I got this from that site. I believe we can purchase the bus tickets at a local shop at the port...Hopefully another CC will help us on that!

Hi, I have a quick question....how far is Villefranche from the dock? We are planning to go into the village and then starting our private tour from there. Should we find a place in the village to meet or go back to the dock.

Thanks,

Becky

Archived