Adventure vs Silhouette/Reflection?

My wife and I have sailed without the kids twice on Celebrity (one Eastern Caribbean on Relfection and one Western on Silhouette).

We’ve booked Adventure for late next year for our kids’ first cruise, headed for ABC islands. They’ll be 3, 7, and 9. We had originally looked at Oasis class but they seemed so big to me. We picked Adventure based on onboard features (water slide and rock wall especially), itinerary, and a good price on two interior cabins.

Has anyone sailed both Adventure and a Solstice class? From the specs, it seems like they’re similar in size. Does one feel bigger than the other?

We sailed on similar to Adventure ship Explorer (and many other rccl ships) and Silhouette (and other Celebrity ships). Going on Adventure in 20 days.

You will get better food, service for the most part with Celebrity. More refined feel. As far as sailing with kids RCCL has better kids programs, more for them to do. Adventure offers nice waterslides, minigolf, ice skating rings. She has beautiful promenade and main dining room. You can experience more crowdness around the pool, you will have to sign out and return pool towels (make sure they actually register that you return towels!)

Oh, and we sailed on Allure, a sister to Oasis, and never felt it was too big. It is wonderfully planned. We loved its design. With kids I'd probably pick Harmony or Symphony rather than Oasis/Allure because of added waterslides.

We didn't feel that Explorer(Adventure sister) was much larger than Solstice class ships. It is also nicely planned. I missed Sunset bar and open aft area which Celebrity has though.

I have sailed Explorer (twice) and Celebrity Silhouette. These two brands and ships are completely different. Royal Caribbean is more family oriented and their ships are brassy, glassy, big, bold, and beautiful. Celebrity is all about Modern Luxury. As you know, their ships are modern and sophisticated and tend to be on the quieter side. You really can't compare the two as they are different classes.

But, I will say don't shy away from an Oasis Class ship. They are amazing with loads of options for children! Even though the ship is huge with lots of passengers, it is so well laid out you never get lost or notice the amount of people onboard. If your kids will be happy with water slides and a rock wall, then Adventure will work for you. :D

I'm echoing the two posts above: Oasis class doesn't seem big when you're on-board, and they offer so much more. The next class down (Freedom class) offers a lot of the same things for an active family, as yours seems to be. As you keep moving down the list, you'll find fewer activities. In my opinion, the first answer saying it's not really possible to directly compare Celebrity and Royal is spot on, also: different pluses and minuses.

Thanks!

I understand the lines have a completely different feel. We will likely stick with Celebrity when it’s just the two of us as we do enjoy it quite a bit.

Harmony or Symphony may be in our future but I’m not sure my kids will care too much about the extras beyond what Adventure offers so I’m hesitant to spend more for it. Last time we went to an all-inclusive, we picked one with lots of bells and whistles for the kids and they spend the entire time in one pool. I feel like Oasis class might be wasted on them at this point. They’d be happy with anything that had a pool and a buffet, although the big one is excited about the slides and rock wall. Maybe once they’re big enough for the zip line. Even the oldest is a good 20lbs away.

In my opinion, the first answer saying it's not really possible to directly compare Celebrity and Royal is spot on, also: different pluses and minuses.

Definitely very different atmosphere! I was wondering how the two ships compare in terms of size mostly. I think they’re about the same?

I guess Freedom class is bigger. I’d looked at Liberty but I didn’t think it had much more to offer than Adventure. Am I missing something?