Red Frog Brewery tour Vista - reviews?

gotscrapz

Did you do this? Did you enjoy it?

Started at $12.95 and then $15, $17, and now $24.95 which I think is kind of steep - yes you get samples and a free beer ...but IDK ... I am thinking I might do it ... any reviews?

Deciding on cheers so the alcohol doesn't really factor in ... was it interesting? Fun?

Thanks!

Hmmm thinking maybe if I do get Cheers I get a discount on the tour?

Because you don the mixology class right?

Another thing I am wondering about - anyone done the mixology class? Reviews?

I guess I need a new thread - sigh... lol

We saw a video review of it on YouTube. We are excited about it for our September cruise. The samples aren’t just little sips or shot glasses. It’s good sized glasses that are half full. And there’s a lot of flavors to try. It looks pretty interesting. You should look it up on YouTube. :)

We saw a video review of it on YouTube. We are excited about it for our September cruise. The samples aren’t just little sips or shot glasses. It’s good sized glasses that are half full. And there’s a lot of flavors to try. It looks pretty interesting. You should look it up on YouTube. :)

Thanks!

I did the tour last week. $25 is a bit steep, but I enjoyed it and didn't regret paying for it. It's takes a bit over an hour, depending on the questions the group asks (which is encouraged).

The brewmaster brings out 4 small glasses for everyone and pitchers of each type of beer are passed around. You get at least a couple of beers if you want it, plus a certificate for a beer later in the cruise. You also get a RedFrog glass, which is specific to the tour.

$25 is not steep, if you go to any craft brewery and get a flight it will probably run you about $10, then a full four about $5-6, then add in a glass you get to keep another $5, so you are only paying a nominal amount for the tour. I'm big into craft beer and have been on more brewery tours than I can count, I skip them nowadays when going to new breweries since most explain the same things. However I do plan on taking the tour on the Vista, I'm curious as to how brewing on a ship differs from being on land. Can anyone comment as to if you get a discount if you have Cheers?

I had the Cheers package. No discount.

I also was interested in the differences between brewing on a ship vs a traditional brewery. I was surprised to learn that other than some space restrictions, there really isn't a difference.